3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Early X-MAS! FLUX's coming...what CP3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Early X-MAS! FLUX's coming...what CP3?

Just purchased some '05 injector bodies...FLUX's and springs here I come!

YEHAW!

Next is a CP3...

I want a Stage 2 of some sorts...Stage on seems to cap out a little early in my opinion...not enough bang for the buck. When jstiegler and I were both on the dyno last time...his Stage 1 was running out at 600 hp (more would most likely possible with EDM's (Fluxs) than his EH's (won't name names).

Opinions about a Floor it Stage 2? Are there any reliability proplems with a Stage 2 over a Stage 1? Rail Relief Valve problems? I know abc4yew was blowing up all kinds of "rail componets" with a Super CP3 that had "Excessive" fuel flow.

How long do they have to have your CP3? Should I buy another as a core?

I am trying to keep the truck from being down too long...but not at too "great" of a expense.

Lets hear it from the modded CP3 guys...

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:53 PM

i got mine from industrial injection. So far so good. Ive heard nothing but good things about the floort it cp3. II just sent me mine and i just returned mine as a core. Truck was down about 2.5 hours swapping cp3s. I got the dual feed line option and it goes where your relief valve goes and you just do away with the relief valve. I havent had any problems with the cp3 to speak of. So i guess im pretty happy with it so far. If i had it to do over again id probly went with the floor it cp3 based on what ive heard between the two.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:41 PM

Very happy with mine from floor-it diesel. John's work is top notch. As for the turn around time, you are best off to get in touch with John or someone that is selling for John to get the straight answer. It usually takes a call to John first to see how backed up he is. I have ahd him turn pumps around in as little as a week some times. It all depends on his workload
Old 11-22-2006, 05:27 PM

CQ, Congrats on the early Christmas gifts but.....Hey, the only thing I've blown is maybe a couple of crappy antique II reman injectors....not much else to go once the relief valve is relieved. I find out next week if the pistons left at the same time as the injectors. Still haven't gotten the old injectors out as the truck is in someone elses gargage and they have gone missing. Go with who ever is cheapest and offers the best after sale support. and to that I say NO COMMENT!!!
Old 11-22-2006, 07:18 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Floor It Diesel makes a good pump and a killer machined steel rail cap.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:22 PM

When jstiegler and I were both on the dyno last time...his Stage 1 was running out at 600 hp (more would most likely possible with EDM's (Fluxs) than his EH's (won't name names).
Industrial Injection

If I had to do it over again, I would have gone with maybe smaller injectors so that I could get more adjustability and tuneability out of the TST twins program. Live and learn.

Money allocated to house projects now...

My CP3 was from when Industrial Injection and Floor It were working together before they went their separate ways on these CP3 mods. 2 buds in town here have the II pump with the dual feed and love the performance gains - not dyno proven, but being able to run more box settings than before the change. Myself, I'm a little skeptical about the "dual feed" high pressure fuel running through a hydraulic hose into the OEM rail pressure relief location as opposed to using a steel line.

Anyhow, after hooking up a boost gauge today between my primary and secondary turbo I can now see that I need to tune my secondary wastegate more. The secondary was not contributing much to the total boost package when we dynoed .
Old 11-23-2006, 01:47 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Don M
Floor It Diesel makes a good pump and a killer machined steel rail cap.
THat he does. I have both of them and Special Flux injectors and all is good.
Old 11-23-2006, 07:14 AM
chw

silverado, who's stage 3 pump are you running?
Old 11-23-2006, 10:58 AM
Banned

It is a Floor It. He has did a few new things to upgrade the flow numbers.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:16 PM

I have the dual feed also but I've never used it as more pressure or volume is definitely not needed ... yet. That line though is a specially made flexible steel line from a Bosch supplier in Europe....and it isn't cheap....plus it saves you buying a rail cap. As of recently I have heard nothing but big numbers and good things from John at Floor-It and he customer support seems to be honest and straight forward....not glad handed failed promises like the other.
Also....II didn't have a stage I, II, or III until they started reverse engineering John's pumps when they were suppose to be supplying him with cores and selling his product. Their Super CP3.4 is an excellent product so far...but it is just an off the shelf Bosch pump mounted on a machined gear housing. I tried to get I I to replace the injector nozzles on my crappy reman antique injectors they unloaded on me for 3 months and dozens of friendly, happy calls and still no luck....They have their original nozzles back thanks to Don and still they have my contact info. My money...but they have lost my respect and that is as they say "NUFF SAID"....for now. ks
Old 11-23-2006, 12:18 PM

How do you know if you have to much cp3? I am a little worried about blowing apart what ever new injectors that I might get

Kevin
Old 11-24-2006, 12:43 PM

I personally wouldn't buy anything from Industrial Injection.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:36 PM

Why not try two CP3s? There not that much more than new CP3.