3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Duel feed on CP3 fuel pump leaking

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duel feed on CP3 fuel pump leaking

Hello
I’m new to the diesel seen just bought a 2005 Ram with about 80K on it. Owned it for a few mounts now and I love it. When I bought the truck I knew there had been some mods done to it, runs much better than the stockers I test drove. At any rate my truck has a duel feed kit on the CP3 fuel pump and a few weeks ago the plastic duel feed line started leaking at the fittings on both ends. I would just replace the line but since it is has suddenly started leaking at both ends I wondering if there is an over pressure issue since the duel feed kit removes the over presser check valve.
Does any one have any experience with this duel feed system?
Any one with a similar issue out there?
I suspect that my truck has had larger injectors installed due to the ARP head studs, FASS lift pump, and a few other tells under the hood. Using my highly calibrated seat dyno I am guessing 50 to 100hp injectors.
I am not sure if the fuel pump has been moded.
Any help would be appreciated.

By the way this site rocks I have learned a ton in just a few days of reading your past post thank you all.

Regards
Old 10-17-2008, 07:35 AM
Banned

The dual feed line you have is plastic?
Old 10-17-2008, 09:12 AM

if it's a gray line, Industrial Injection will probably replace it for you. They newer style lines are blue, and are supposed to be an improved design.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:03 PM

Yes the line is plastic, made by Parker.
it is also gray so I will contact Industrial Injection & see what they have to say.

But I am still worried about over pressure.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:40 PM

when you blow through a couple you'll see that they only have a plastic coating. It's actually woven steel on the inside with a plastic coating over it.

II was really good about fixing me up with a hose when mine started leaking. They are well aware of the problems with the older gray hoses.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:52 PM

Talked with I.I. They told me that the issue with a few of the Gray lines was bad crimps on the fittings but that was only one batch. They warranty the product for one year and they have been selling the blue lines for over a year, so mine is out of the warranty period. Since mine is leaking at the fittings they suggested loosing & retightened. I tried that. I even took the line off to inspect the fittings; they looked okay to me. No big gouges or any thing that looked like a definitive leak path. I asked if there was the torque spec, they guy said tight, and mine are & it is still leaking. I would just buy a new line ($175.00 from II) but I am worried about the real issue being an over pressure thing since the duel feed line removes the over pressure valve from the rail. Can the pump malfunction and default to a high-pressure condition? I would think that it would throw a code and light up the check engine light if it was in some default mode and my light is not lit. I could take a chance and throw a new line at it but I find it very odd that it leaks at the fitting on both ends. Seems like pressure is high and these just happen to be the weak points in the system.
Any one with some insight out there?
Old 10-24-2008, 10:11 PM

Did some research on the “plastic” line. It’s called Parker Poly Flex, hose number 2440D-03V37 with a 2.5:1 working pressure ratio it is rated for 26,100 psi per Parker Catalog 4900 June 2003.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:43 PM

More research. The blue line is Parker Poly flex number 2640D-03V32 with a 2.5:1 working pressure ratio it is rated for 36,230 psi per Parker Catalog 4900 June 2003.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:36 PM
tcr

That is BS if II knows they had a problem and they're not going to take care of it!!! This is just another reason I've heard of to NOT buy their products! I hope mine never leaks or they will have a !@#$%^ problem on their hands
Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 PM

I ordered a new kit from II. They did give me a price break since I already had a kit. They could not warrantee it since I did not buy it. It was on the truck when I bought it. And it was out of warrantee any way. So I though that was fair. However make sure you inspect your parts. they sent me 3 before I got good parts. The first was missing a fitting and there were tool marks from machining on one fitting so it is unlikely it would seal also there was rust on the inside of the line. So I called II and they shipped me a new kit next day air. This one was complete but again there was rust in the line. I called again and sent them pictures. They next dayed a new line. The third line was good. Installed it on the truck and it seems to have fixed the problem. I have been driving it for 3 days now with no leaks. While there were parts issues I still feel II treated me okay, seems like they maybe sorting through some supplier issues or some thing but when I called it was pretty much no questions and they sent replacement parts next day so over all it was a good deal. That being said this kit seems pretty pricey I wonder how much Parker charges for this line? Hmmm maybe we will have to look into that.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:04 AM
tcr

I wonder if Parker is installing the fittings, we could contact them and see if they will stand behind their product since II will not. If they sent you 2 rusty lines and a total of 3 bad kits??? Sounds like they're to worried about CP3 performance to inspect product before it leaves. I know of a pretty big II dealer who's also less then impressed w/ their products and customer service lately.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by struck380hp
...I wonder how much Parker charges for this line?
You don't want to know!
Old 02-19-2009, 11:15 AM

would you guys recommend a dual feed line to me? i'm goin to get injectors and turbo soon
Old 02-19-2009, 11:19 AM
tcr

Originally Posted by modified03
would you guys recommend a dual feed line to me? i'm goin to get injectors and turbo soon
Right now, I would tell you to save your money and put it toward another mod.
Old 02-19-2009, 11:30 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by modified03
John at Floor It told me in the past they have tested the dual lines thoroughly on a dyno and either saw no improvement or a loss due to cavitation... so he will not sell them.

Get something else.

Quick Reply: Duel feed on CP3 fuel pump leaking