3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Dirty Rotten 2 Bit Thieves

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dirty Rotten 2 Bit Thieves

So after a year of saving my beer cans, and 4 months of patient waiting they are gone! Came out of my place and found my truck sitting on blocks, Moto Metal's and Toyo's gone!! What a bummer, just got my flares 3 days earlier. I've never had anything stolen and it just plain sucks, now to wait and see what my insurance company does. So Edmontonians keep an eye out for 'em, if you see some 2000km old toyo/moto metals at the pawn shop let me know!

Old 09-22-2006, 08:10 PM

Sorry to hear that that sucks!!!! I know how you feel got my apartment broken in to and it sucks. I was only gone 30 minutes to the store and they cleared me out
Old 09-22-2006, 08:26 PM

they got my tow hitch last week. funny thing is I went in to buy a new head and drop shank and they gave it to me cuz they had someone steal the bars out of a set the same week. HMMM I wonder.
Old 09-22-2006, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Syndicate
they got my tow hitch last week. funny thing is I went in to buy a new head and drop shank and they gave it to me cuz they had someone steal the bars out of a set the same week. HMMM I wonder.
That's why I use a locking pin on the hitch, a locking tailgate latch and gas cap...Live 30 mi from Houston and had a rental car stolen there so you can't be too careful...

dirty rotten thieves, hate 'em!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:44 PM

ill keep my eyes open up north here, sometimes things work their way up here

Kevin
Old 09-22-2006, 10:07 PM

I had my truck stolen about 5 years ago. I had (still have) a 1994 Chevy truck that I have for a toy. I was living in an apartment right off of I-35 in OKC. Sometime over night they stole my truck and I went to leave for the work the next morning at 6am and found it gone. The police found it about 2 hrs later on blocks. All that was left was the motor, and frame. They took the custom seat, bed rails, bumpers, grille, $2500 stereo, 1500 wheels and tires, etc. You name it they took it. I was 23 at the time and was a delivery driver for Coca-Cola and didn't make that much money at the time. I had spent practically everything on the truck. I couldn't even recognize my truck. I about went crazy. Luckily I had just put full coverage insurance on my truck when I moved to the apartment. My insuance wasn't going to pay for everything but I happened to keep all the receipts from everything I had done to the truck over a 3 year period and they said ok then fax us all the receipts. As far as the police, of course they didn't find out anything. So I feel for you. Really sucks.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have Fam in Edmonton, and it is pretty bad for crime there.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:03 PM

If I see them youll be the first to no, where in the city were they taken from?
It makes me want to
Old 09-22-2006, 11:41 PM

can you link me a pic if the wheels i live in edmonton and will keep an eye out.
Old 09-22-2006, 11:41 PM

Thanks guys, yeah the crime is on the rise here for sure. A bad side effect of our crazy economy, along with all the good hard working people you get the scum looking to exploit them. I live in the far northeast, like 2 blocks from farmers fields. As for locking stuff, I didn't just have a couple of locking lugs, I got all 8 on all 4 wheels. They dropped a lug nut and left it and it doesn't have a mark of any kind on it which leads me to believe this was pre planned and they had the right socket for the job. Didn't touch anything else, had my $10,000 dirt bike in the back, and a bunch of stuff in the cab as I was going riding early the next morning and they didn't touch anythig else. They did a good job really, cement blocks at each corner, break the lugs loose, pull the valve core or cut the stem, let the air out, the truck drops to the blocks and off they go. Cops don't even come out for this small crap, just a report and a file number, can't blame them as they have alot bigger fish to fry. It would be cool if there was such thing as a civillian CSI I could give the lug nut to and check for prints, you never know where it could lead. I'm still so bummed..........
Old 09-23-2006, 12:30 AM

Do you have pictures of them? I am driving out of Anchorage down the road in a couple of weeks and coming down that way. I'll keep my eyes peeled if I know what I am loking for.
Old 09-23-2006, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by triplenickel
As for locking stuff, I didn't just have a couple of locking lugs, I got all 8 on all 4 wheels. They dropped a lug nut and left it and it doesn't have a mark of any kind on it which leads me to believe this was pre planned and they had the right socket for the job. They did a good job really, cement blocks at each corner, break the lugs loose, pull the valve core or cut the stem, let the air out, the truck drops to the blocks and off they go. Cops don't even come out for this small crap, just a report and a file number,
Wow all 8 lugs were locking lugs? must of had a key or an ordered set. look close to home.
I had my indash dvd player stolen out of my jeep between the 2 hours i had been in it last and the time i got otu of work. ******. The morons even byassed my ipod and other items and didnt even take the brain for the unit. useless to them.
Old 09-23-2006, 04:23 AM

kill'em all
i hate people like that,i wish it was like back in the old old days some one steals from ya off with the hand.get caught again hang them.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:20 AM

You really need to check the place you bought the Lug nuts from... if they had the key then they knew the lock pattern... Could have very well been the guys that installed your wheels...
Old 09-23-2006, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by triplenickel
So after a year of saving my beer cans, and 4 months of patient waiting they are gone! Came out of my place and found my truck sitting on blocks, Moto Metal's and Toyo's gone!! What a bummer, just got my flares 3 days earlier. I've never had anything stolen and it just plain sucks, now to wait and see what my insurance company does. So Edmontonians keep an eye out for 'em, if you see some 2000km old toyo/moto metals at the pawn shop let me know!

What part of the city was this at? Sorry to hear about this.

Quick Reply: Dirty Rotten 2 Bit Thieves