3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

DiPricol Optix Lighting Question......

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DiPricol Optix Lighting Question......

My dad has an '06 Mega Cab and he is wanting to get a set of gauges. He really likes the Isspro EV series and the DiPricol Optix series gauges. He is shooting for a factory appearance and these are the best we suppose. I have had Isspro's in the past and know that they are good gauges. I never had any problems with them. The only thing was that one of the gauges had a single big bulb for lighting and the others had two smaller bulbs. The one was much brighter but that was fixed with a sharpie very easily. On the DiPricol's do they have an easy to read appearance at night? Also do they have different colors? I have heard of some people having Optix gauges that looked different; almost like a purplish tint. Was this the old gauges or what? I can't find any good pics of the white faced ones at night. Any pics would be awesome. Sorry for all the questions. He likes to know what he's spending money on.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you buy them at the same time you will be fine but if you add a Dipricol gauge later it wont match the other dipricols...I had a Boost gauge warrantied and the new one is a lot brighter then the older pyro gauge. Even with the Dipricol dimmers I still cant get them to match perfect.
other then that I am happy with mine.....I think the Dipricols are LED lights.
Also the boost and the pyro are made different so the light comes out from the needle area a little different...it kinda bugged me at first I even called Dipricol..they said there was nothing they could do about it..it was just the way the needles are set in/on the gauge face...I don't really notice it now...maybe cause I am to busy being mad about the two tone lights
Old 09-17-2007, 10:03 PM

If you get the wiring harness for the Optix they have a little dimmer inline that you can adjust. I've got the Optix and I think their prett close.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
If you get the wiring harness for the Optix they have a little dimmer inline that you can adjust. I've got the Optix and I think their prett close.
they did not help me at all
Old 09-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
they did not help me at all

That's not good. I was going to dim mine since they seem a little bright compared to the stock gauges. I guess the only thing I can do is try.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by t-boe
That's not good. I was going to dim mine since they seem a little bright compared to the stock gauges. I guess the only thing I can do is try.

Oh they still dim the lights but not in a way to make them match each other...I fine tuned it every witch way with no luck..

Like I said if you buy all the gauges you want a once you should not have a problem.

I even thought about sending both Guages back and having new bulbs or LEDS?? put in both gauges so they will match.

For the record I still think the Dipricols Match closer then the Isspros.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:45 PM

Thanks for the info guys. Would either of you happen to have a pic of them at night? If not is there any way for you to snap a quick one just so we could see the night lighting compared to the factory gauges? I hate asking someone to do something for me/him, but that would be a huge favor. He really likes the DiPricol's, but the difference in the lighting worries him somewhat. You would just have to know him.....
Old 09-17-2007, 10:49 PM

my boost gauge has a little purpleish ring look to it..let me see what i can do about a pic..
Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by 06Cummins
my boost gauge has a little purpleish ring look to it..let me see what i can do about a pic..
Awesome..... I saw the pic of them in your gallery. I love how they look during the day; just wish I had a night time pic as well.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 PM

Hope this helps a bit..its really hard to capture them on the camera. they really look A LOT better than this in person and the purple right around them is no where near as pronounced. color and lighting is also better in person. i think they are the closest match, daylight is spot on. Jason
Old 09-17-2007, 11:40 PM

here are larger pics that might help..

Old 09-18-2007, 12:01 AM

Thanks a ton for those pics man. I really appreciate it a lot. I wonder what causes that purplish "halo"? I agree though; they do look good that's for sure.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:13 AM

your welcome, i know what its like trying to decide on stuff..i think it might be because it doesnt have a good seal around the pointer or something..but i dunno, the egt gauge doesnt have it at all..looking at the gauges straigt on you can only notice it on the boost gauge. good luck
Old 09-18-2007, 12:47 AM

I think the reason it's purple is the LED lighting "escapes" for lack of a better term from out of the back side of the gauge and needle then reflects on the white face..looking purple. The pyro does not do it cause there is no space between the face and the needle for the light to escape.

those pics make it look WAYYYYY worse then it is.

tomorrow when I am home I will try and set the tripod up and take a slow photo of them lit up at night
Old 09-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Banned

Well, here's a few more pictures for the mix...

For some reason, they really match even closer than the pictures show. I could probably play around with the individual dimmers some to get the match a little clsoer, but it's good enough for me. I also have all of them tied into the factory dimmer switch, so everything can be dimmed at once for night driving.

--Eric

Quick Reply: DiPricol Optix Lighting Question......