3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Diablosport U7131

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diablosport U7131

Looking for some input on how the cummings performs with the diablo ?? are thier any owners that can share ??
Old 03-01-2011, 09:43 PM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by browndg
Looking for some input on how the cummings performs with the diablo ?? are thier any owners that can share ??
Everyone dogs the diablo, worst Piece of Stuff ever made. I've only used mine for the past 130k miles or so with no issues. Suisun City, huh? Hi Neighbor!
Back to my FF evening brew. . .
Old 03-01-2011, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by FMB
Everyone dogs the diablo, worst Piece of Stuff ever made. I've only used mine for the past 130k miles or so with no issues. Suisun City, huh? Hi Neighbor!
Back to my FF evening brew. . .
does the Diablo have torque management ??

like wise neighbor, not sure id you've seen me around, mega cab with 3-color combo ?? I stop by anyones off road now and then.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:29 AM

i got one on mine and i have zero issues. i read all over this site and for what i do the smarty jr would fit my needs but the funds werent there so i picked up a diablo. And no there isnt torque management. i got a stock tranny so i only leave it on performance mode (100hp) and still baby it. FYI technical service for the programmer blows with diablo
Old 03-02-2011, 08:45 AM
FMB

Received 68 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by browndg
does the Diablo have torque management ??

like wise neighbor, not sure id you've seen me around, mega cab with 3-color combo ?? I stop by anyones off road now and then.
I've not been to Anyone's yet, but now I guess I'll have to stop by see what I can get away with.

My Diablo is a 7130, (read "old"). It has 3 settings (downloads).
  • Tow - adds power n torque, watch weight and incline limitations
  • Performance - adds power n torque with fuel economy in mind, tow up to 8k, watch your inclines
  • Extreme - adds power n torque, towing is not recommended, EGT monitoring is
I have used all settings (on the track, of course). Extreme will smoke a lot if you lug the engine, less if you use something like Stanadyne. I get better mileage with the Diablo and actualy gets best in Extreme if I keep the pedal off the floor.

Not sure I've seen you around, gotta pic? If you saw me around last August, my truck would have looked a little dirtier than this as I was still on the way back from Inuvik.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:17 AM
DTR 1st Sergeant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
In back to back testing done... there is an old thread here if you want to search it... as I recall...

On the 04.5 and up, Diablo came in third in performance. This was with the extreme RKL tune.

Smarty was 1st Bully dog 2nd. On some trucks this can reverse dependent on the tune and mods.

Now on the 03-04, Diablo is a better performer but still not to smarty standards.