3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Crazy stack question

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Crazy stack question

Hey, guys. I'm currently running a Bullydog Power Pup on Extreme. I've been toying with the idea of getting either a TST or a hot Juice and bumping the power down on the Bullydog to tow. Has anyone done a stack of the Bullydog with either of these two? Have I hit my head? Should I just drop the Bullydog altogether and just go with one or the other, or just keep what I've got and be happy?

Suggestions?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:40 PM

L, With what you've got you got more than enough. If you ran Crazy Larry on your downloader you need to upgrade the tranny and add a fuel supply boost. If you stack you need the above plus a turbo. ks
Old 11-27-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I currently have TST w/Twins, Edge EZ and BD Triple Dog(Crazy Larry) stacked. I run most of the time with the BDDL Performance program loaded, TST 3/2 and EZ on Level 1. At the track I kick the TST up to 7/6 and EZ to Level 3. Of course I have a racing built TC/Trans, FASS, AFE Stage II, High Flow exhaust and II SPS66 turbo. I had the HOT Juice/Attitude stacked with the BDDL Crazy Larry for a short while. HOT Juice on level 3 and CL very strong mid to upper range, still needed the EZ on the low end, IMO.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:35 PM

I should have noted that I've got a 6 speed. I've already killed the stock clutch and replaced it. The only reason I'd want to switch to either the TST or hot Juice is for a bit more horsepower. I know that TST is the torque king, but I don't want to have to replace my new clutch again. I don't think the hot Juice adds nearly the amount of torque that the TST does.

Perhaps I should just be happy with what I've got, but I'd like to have a bit of adjustability and a bit more power.

What about just ditching the Bullydog for either the TST or hot Juice? Thoughts there?
Old 11-27-2005, 11:00 PM

The HOT Juice/Attitude worked very well for me, and for the 305 it has built in fuel pressure. This helps with low end I am sure, no need to stack a pressure box. TST w/twins is a more potential hp and torque than the HOT Juice/Attitude. But both can deliver the 180hp claimed. The only problem I see is that you need LP upgrade and turbo upgrade to really be able to use either on the higher settings.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by RamWheelsBy4
The HOT Juice/Attitude worked very well for me, and for the 305 it has built in fuel pressure. This helps with low end I am sure, no need to stack a pressure box. TST w/twins is a more potential hp and torque than the HOT Juice/Attitude. But both can deliver the 180hp claimed. The only problem I see is that you need LP upgrade and turbo upgrade to really be able to use either on the higher settings.
I'm not sure that I want to go that crazy with my truck. I'm not opposed to doing a fuel system upgrade, which I may need with the Bullydog on Extreme regardless. I'm not sure that I want to add a turbo unless the stocker goes south on me.

Maybe I need to ditch the Bullydog for either of the others, but keep them turned down some. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks for the input, men. I appreciate it.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:03 AM

Keep the dog.
Stack it with the TST leave the Dog on 90hp performance.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by PourinDiesel
Keep the dog.
Stack it with the TST leave the Dog on 90hp performance.
I'm going to study on it for a bit. I'm not sure how much more power my stock turbo will handle.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:33 AM

Not much and be efficient.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:26 AM

Even with a stock turbo on an 04.5-06 the stack will result with increased bottom and top end.

I run a super phat shaft 66 turbo. (yeah, I like it!)
Old 11-28-2005, 11:34 AM

I have the 05 with juice and a buddy of mine had a powerstoke with the bully dog. Well he downloaded the crazy larry for me and we put the bullydog on my truck stacked with the juice. It ran very strong with the bully dog on crazy larry and the juice on level 4 80 hp. The smoke was a little insane so I am thinking I need a lot more air. But as for the stack it was very strong to me but then again I have never run the Tst or anything like that.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:07 PM

from the other side, i've got bdcl&banks6gunspeedloader & i think it's a great stack. for 2 reasons 1 if u want to go put banks on 4 cl on performance and it pulls real hard "enough to make stk clutch slip pretty good in 4,5,6".2 if u want mpg set banks on 2 bdcl on tow/econ still moves pretty good but gets
19-20mpg. also tried bdcl on crazy but no faster seems to be running out of fuel kinda breakin up in the top end BTW ext temp stay pretty cool on the go setting.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by TUGUM
from the other side, i've got bdcl&banks6gunspeedloader & i think it's a great stack. for 2 reasons 1 if u want to go put banks on 4 cl on performance and it pulls real hard "enough to make stk clutch slip pretty good in 4,5,6".2 if u want mpg set banks on 2 bdcl on tow/econ still moves pretty good but gets
19-20mpg. also tried bdcl on crazy but no faster seems to be running out of fuel kinda breakin up in the top end BTW ext temp stay pretty cool on the go setting.
With BDPP alone on Extreme I was able to slip my clutch in 5th or 6th the day I put it on. I ran it for several months until it started slipping in 4th. At that point, I ordered a new clutch to put in it's place and have had no slipping since.
Old 12-16-2005, 11:01 PM

More info please

I am running the same setup with BDDL on extreme and would like some more info on this topic. My truck is an early '04 six speed with a dual lift pump setup and good clutch. Fuel supply to the CP3 does not seem to be a problem at this point. And the clutch is plenty strong. Can my stock turbo take anymore? Is it worth stacking the BDDL with the TST or should I upgrade turbo first?
Old 12-17-2005, 05:26 AM

Stay away from RamwheelsX4!!! He's Nuts!!!