3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Crashed my truck on Thursday

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree wit you on that, but based on the looks of mine, it...wasn't that crazy...I think?! Personally I am not happy, and thought it really odd that they took 4 days to move my vehicle from the scene of the accident. I left a note with my adjuster to have them contact me prior to towing so I could give them the keys (I did not want to leave the truck open with the Smarty in there) Makes me wonder how they towed the truck. Said it was a medium tow, so did they drag it onto the flat bed? I guess the truck can take it, but I don't like it!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:06 PM

You can have the truck taken to any repair shop. Just because USAA gave you "their" estimate it isn't binding on your part. OTOH, USAA is one of the better carriers and will usually go the extra bit to make sure the work is done completely and correctly.

No, I don't work for them.............but I did stay at the Holiday Inn!
Old 06-19-2012, 08:41 PM
With age comes the cage

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go back with 06 sheet metal and upgrade the lights (the cost should be the same). This has been done before do a search on it. You can upgrade your bumper as well.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:32 AM

Thanks guys, too bad I can't get an '06 ECM while I am at it. I will look around for the how to on the lights and I assume fenders.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 AM

Looks like it got into the firewall a bit. I'd vote totalled and if not I'd push the point.

They will probably let you buy it back though and you could probably find sheetmetal in the junkyard.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 AM

You can push to have your vehicle totaled? I love that truck, if they can fix it, then I want it fixed. If I have no choice in the matter, then so be it. But boy would I be ******.
Old 06-20-2012, 12:19 PM

I'm not there to see it but go over it well looking for damage. If you get into the firewall that damage works it's way into other areas.
A 10 year old truck isn't too hard to total.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:03 PM

Thanks Red, I will update this dismal thread as I get updates. The key got mailed today so we shall see.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:54 AM

Well spoke with the adjuster (yesterday) and it can be fixed, however no shop is willing to retrofit to newer '06 parts without me voiding the warranty on work done. Since that's a no-go, i guess its back to stock for me.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:08 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Heh I love Transformers.

How long is it going to take for the truck to get repaired? Is insurance covering a rental for you in the meanwhile? We've got USAA as well. I take it her (the lady that hit you) is taking care of everything?
Old 06-22-2012, 09:22 AM

Shorts, 5 minutes after posting this, USAA called back, truck is totaled!!!!!!!!!! ***!!!! She (adjuster) said after additional checking (that should have been done prior to her calling me and getting my hopes up!) it will be written off. I know its only a truck...according to my wife, but its my truck and this December would have been 2 years of trouble free and awesome smoky burnout fun. Now I have to move to McDill AFB, Tampa this fall without my primary hauler....sigh. God knows how much they are going to give me towards payoff and do I really want to buy it back? Sorry for the rant, now to answer your questions:
1) no repairs, totaled
2)Insurance is not covering a rental and we do not have a clause in our insurance for a rental vehicle (we have enough backups my wife thinks...that's getting changed today!)
3)The lady according to the accident report was found at fault, so yes she\they will be footing the bill.
4)No way am I going to find another dually that nice for under $10k bro.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kainedogg
Shorts, 5 minutes after posting this, USAA called back, truck is totaled!!!!!!!!!! ***!!!! She (adjuster) said after additional checking (that should have been done prior to her calling me and getting my hopes up!) it will be written off. I know its only a truck...according to my wife, but its my truck and this December would have been 2 years of trouble free and awesome smoky burnout fun. Now I have to move to McDill AFB, Tampa this fall without my primary hauler....sigh. God knows how much they are going to give me towards payoff and do I really want to buy it back? Sorry for the rant, now to answer your questions:
1) no repairs, totaled
2)Insurance is not covering a rental and we do not have a clause in our insurance for a rental vehicle (we have enough backups my wife thinks...that's getting changed today!)
3)The lady according to the accident report was found at fault, so yes she\they will be footing the bill.
4)No way am I going to find another dually that nice for under $10k bro.

That's no good I feel for you man. I form relationships with my things to, especially my truck. I saw that, $9k off a lot and was a real workhorse prior - that's a good truck.

I can see it being tempting to buy it back. Like it usually is though, it's a risk to get it rebuilt. The timing is terrible too with a PCS coming up for you. Consider the title as well. It might go under a salvage since insurance did total it out. Don't know if that will have bearing for you but just an fyi. If you do let it go be sure to get anything off the truck that you want to keep. Put it on the next truck as a reminder Bruticus lives.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:28 AM

Thanks bro, but not much to take off except my adapters, and black tailgate, already took my smarty off and set it back to stock. The trucks personality (if there is such a thing) is what made it awesome.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:14 PM

Sorry to hear the bad news, hope u can find Something just as great!!
Old 06-22-2012, 01:38 PM

Thanks bro. I did not like their valuation of the truck at 12,000 nor how they half-assed the estimate. So I am requesting a new adjuster before it gets to the appeals process. Her analysis was the truck ran rough? ***?! Is that some technical diesel term?

Quick Reply: Crashed my truck on Thursday