3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Chrome wheel center caps

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2004, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chrome wheel center caps

Does anyone know if the center caps from the 04.5 steel chrome wheel will fit the aluminum wheels? I have a set of the factory aluminum wheels chromed waiting for me to be installed, but they didn't come with center caps. Of course, the existing caps are crappy looking flat gray.

If the chrome wheel centers will fit, I can check the dealer and see how much those would cost.

BTW, I got the set of chromed OEMs (exchange) for $500 installed.

Neil
Old 06-02-2004, 09:36 PM

Well, it appears that no one knows (or cares ).

For those who may be doing something like I'm doing (and I'll post pics of the truck with its chromed OEM wheels when this ordeal is finished), the GOOD news is that the chromed center caps are, indeed, exactly the same size as the dull gray ones. The BAD news is that they cost $58.45 each!

My wheel guy is going to find out how much it will cost to chrome the dull ones. I should find out tomorrow.

I tried the ebay route for the past few weeks and nothing has shown up. Any other ideas? I'm not hung up on having the ram's head on the cap. Any chrome cap that covers the lug nuts will do.

Neil
Old 06-03-2004, 11:34 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I care NJ...I just didn't have an answer. I think getting them chromed may be the your best bet. May you should try some chrome in a can? Spray some on the inside of your caps and see how it holds up. You can always get them chromed later...or maybe find some in the near future. good luck. Mike
Old 06-03-2004, 12:55 PM

May you should try some chrome in a can? Spray some on the inside of your caps and see how it holds up. You can always get them chromed later...or maybe find some in the near future.
Someone else I know suggested the chrome paint. I know the old stuff I used as a kid looked like cr@p. I guess it's worth a try.

How about H2 caps. I can get chromed ones for about $130 a set. Does anyone know if they would work on a Dodge wheel? I know that there are H2 wheels running around with Dodge caps. Will it work the other way? I believe the Dodge caps attach to the lugnuts. If the H2s are the same, they just might work . . .

Neil
Old 06-05-2004, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about a trade of chrome for your flat ones? I am switching to H2 rims and need some dull ones to match the rims. Email or PM me if you are interested.
Old 06-05-2004, 07:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Problem solved...