3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Bullydog power pup tuner

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bullydog power pup tuner

Does this void any part of the vehicle warranty, if unplugged does it leave a signature, is it worth the cash, with a 6spd will it smoke out traffic?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can't answer any questions except the smoke one. On the highest setting will will smoke when you put your foot to the floor but clears up pretty quickly. you gotta mash the peddle pretty good for it to smoke tho, its very easy to not make it smoke
Old 01-14-2006, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by PurNLoud
Does this void any part of the vehicle warranty, if unplugged does it leave a signature, is it worth the cash, with a 6spd will it smoke out traffic?
Warranty. The dealer has to prove the part in question was broke as a result of the modification.

Signature? I'm unsure about this. My dealer was fine with it.

Smoke. Put it in a high gear and lug the engine. Step into pedal and watch the smoke fill the air.
Old 01-14-2006, 01:40 PM

Thumbs up

alright thanks yall, i want the smoke so it is not a bad thing, and yall think the cost was well worth it? What about milage, I now get about 18-25, will this drop alot, or if I just blow by a few FoRdS from time to time it wiould be just fine?
Old 01-14-2006, 01:53 PM

If you keep the smoke from pouring out, your mileage will go up.

My dealer sold mine to me and watched me program my truck. I have no transmission warranty but everything else is still warrantied.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
i think it does leave a signature..."i think" it time / date stamps the last reload of the ECM program.

if the dealer's software is up to date, they can tell what it was,
if their software is too old, they won't know. but this is all hearsay from a buddy who took his truck to 2 places, and one knew it was a "box" on it for mods, and the other dealership was unable to tell what was going on.

if you are talking about the Bullydog Power pup downloader, here
is the "Perf" setting in my automatic.
http://04ctd.zippyvideos.com/

i can't make it smoke in traffic/ when moving, but the strait pipe usually takes of that, let off gas, lug it going by, then stomp it.

not that i don't have a life, or anything.....
Old 01-14-2006, 06:21 PM

thanks for the help, i know that the banks six pack leaves a sig, but was unsure about this, either way if the part breaks with or without mod then it was needing better anyways
Old 01-14-2006, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by PurNLoud
It could void the warranty if you put it on Crazy Larry and run the EGT's to 1500 for awhile. The Cummins white paper talks about a voided warranty if what you changed brought about the problem. With careful EGT monitoring and setting a defuel temp in a safe range for your motor (whether it's pre or post turbo will change what that temp is). Do you like hard acceleration and tire spinning power, yes and yes! It's worth every penny for me. Is it tracable, ....no. When you back out the program completely, it makes the ECM look just like the moment before you installed the program. When I went in for the ECM flash for TSB 18-037-04 there was no issue, that's proof for me.
Cheers
Bekim
###
Old 01-15-2006, 04:55 PM

The dealership can tell if they are looking for it. If you just go in for an oil change or ECM flash they are not likely to look for something. However if your go in with a hole burned through #6 piston they might start looking. The key cycles counter is reset by the BDDL, which is a big sign. The maximum values data as well as the freeze frame data is another area they can look.
Old 01-15-2006, 05:21 PM

Beleive me if they want to digg into it. They **** sure can find out if you have run one. I am not sure if your local ******* could find out if you have run one. But I would like to bet weather the factory could if it was sent back.
Old 01-15-2006, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Leadfoot
The dealership can tell if they are looking for it. If you just go in for an oil change or ECM flash they are not likely to look for something. However if your go in with a hole burned through #6 piston they might start looking. The key cycles counter is reset by the BDDL, which is a big sign. The maximum values data as well as the freeze frame data is another area they can look.

Let's just say that if your going to bomb, then your taking a risk no matter what! If you throw a rod or burn a piston or lose a lift pump because of a mod, then there's the risk whether it voids the warranty or not these are bad things!!
But the power is sooooo sweet!!!!
Cheers
Bekim
###