3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BHAF voil factory warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 01:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BHAF void factory warranty?

Wouldn't converting to the BHAF void the factory warranty? My local Dodge Service manager, when asked if any aftermarket filters were accepted by Mopar warranty, said the K&N would not void the warranty. But he also stated that aftermarket intake systems would. In other words, if I removed my airbox and just put the BHAF out there for the world to see, wouldn't that void the warranty? I have studied on this website for hours. People saying that Fram replacement filter will void the warranty, others saying K&N would void warranty, some saying performance chips will void the warranty, others saying they won't (or can't via the Magnuson law). I've asked the dealer and they say any chip (or peformance re-programmer, etc) will void your warranty. It seems like the more information I find the more confused I am Is there anyone on here that maybe works for Dodge Trucks that know the REAL story?

Please HELP!!!

Thanks in advance,
TK
Old 03-17-2008, 02:06 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Depends on the dealer. My dealer is fine with the aftermarket (BHAF) intake. However I removed my Edge J/A if I took it in for any reason. Now that my warranty is up I leave it on. Good luck pulling the Magnuson card. DC has way more money than me we it comes to laywers.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My local dealer sells both K&N and AFE after market intake systems right in the parts department but intakes appear to be the only thing they think is okay as they have indicated that other mods would cause issues.

As mentioned many times before on this site. It depends on your dealer.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just as they said...it varies from dealer to dealer...

I've had my truck in for warranty work 2 different times and I removed any chip/programmer I had at the time but my gauges, intake, and exhaust were obviously still there. Neither dealership said anything about those mods...
Old 03-17-2008, 05:28 PM

OK, "It varies from dealer to dealer".

Then if one dealer denies the warranty would taking it to another dealer get it back under warranty? Or would the damage already have been done?
Old 03-17-2008, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by tckitt13
OK, "It varies from dealer to dealer".

Then if one dealer denies the warranty would taking it to another dealer get it back under warranty? Or would the damage already have been done?
I think they actually "flag" it in the computer so no matter who you go to the damage is already done.