3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BEDRUG bedliner, who has it in their rig??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 11:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEDRUG bedliner, who has it in their rig??

Hey everyone, I recently had up a post about my Dual-comp liner, and how I dont really like it. Does anyone have a bed rug in their truck? Im wondering about the fit, Thats one prob. I have with the Dual-comp. Also, are these Bedrugs as stain resistant as they say they are??

My big problem is, the Dual-comp doesnt fit good, and the rubber mat bottom sounds like a good idea, But I hurt my back twice trying to put wood in my truck from the local Home Depot, and the material just stopped short in its tracks, while I was pushing it in, and I had pain for days!! I want something that will let me slide things in a little more easier.

I really dont dump things like fresh mulch, or rocks, or sand in my bed, the only thing I do once in a while is put an engine or something in, being a gearhead, and if so, I put a peice of plywood under it, so that would help with the heavy grime and stains.

Anybody with the bedrug, give me a shout, let me know how you like it.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:49 PM

Talk to Gerry here on the board.. He's got one in his truck.. I saw it at our last meet and greet, and its sweet!!
Scott
Old 08-03-2005, 01:17 AM

I have one and love it! Easy on the knee's!

I haven't been able to stain it yet. Spill diesel and oil on it, washed it with simple green and it cleaned up great!
Old 08-03-2005, 03:10 AM

I have one and it is great. Just vacuum it out once and awhile. I have even slept in the back of my truck on a remote turkey hunt. As far as sliding lumber, it won't be as easy as a plastic liner. It is however much easier on the knees. I love mine. and the fit is excellent.

Hondo
Old 08-03-2005, 08:03 AM

i've got one... i also have a heavy rubber mat sitting on top of it... it sits under my topper so it not really exposed to dirt [but it does get wet as my rear topper glass doesn't seal well ] i like it but it is too expensive for that it is i think.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:05 AM

Great product, put mine in at same time as shell. Do a net search, bought mine at a considerable savings over magazine and catalog ads.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:08 AM

I don't have one, but I have a sample piece they sent. The only thing I worry about is the velcro attachments via sticky tape. TX heat can do a number on most adhesive strips.

Anyone have issues with the tape comming loose?
Old 08-03-2005, 10:48 AM

I have one. Easy on the knees and easy to install. I used the two long velcro sections on the tailgate. I didn't use ANY of the other velcro. Much easier to install that way. Fit's great.
You will have pull your tiedowns and drill holes in the bedrug before re-installing the tiedowns.

To slide plywood in, I lay down two long 2x4s and slide the plywood on top of those. Othewise the bedrug will catch.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:51 AM

I had one in my 99 Super Duty, worked great. Never had much of a velcro issue, key is to be sure the paint is super super SUPER clean when they stick the velcro on.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:34 PM

good to note,

Thanks
Old 08-03-2005, 06:17 PM

I have one in my gas truck and will also have one in my CTD truck. The velcro is an industrial grade and when they installed mine they used a cleaner and then a primer before attaching the velcro. Both the cleaner and the primer were clear and left no visible residue. The velcro has never budged since they installed it.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:39 PM

where can i buy this product and how much??
Old 08-03-2005, 06:52 PM

Call your local topper, linex etc shops That's where I got mine. If you have a RV/truck/accessory show coming up in your area, go to it. They'll frequently give you a discount.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:15 PM

I put one in mine and love it... I don't rally hual anything in the back of my truck but the fit was excelent!!!!! Had some hot weather around 100 or so and the velcro has not budged.. If you are really worried about staining it with chemicals you can unzip the bottom and take it out and put your rubber mat in. I have a rubber mat in my S-10 and had the same probelm not being able to slide anything on it.. now I just slide the mat 1/2 way out set my stuff on and slide the whole mat back in.. it slides pretty good on the truck bed...

Would I buy another bed rug Heck YA!!

Friend also has had on for a few years.. he is pretty rough on it and it is holding up pretty good.. doesn't look as good as new and has a few stains but structually it is still sound..

Gerry
Old 08-03-2005, 08:11 PM

Love mine as well. Easy on the knees, nice to sleep on, and don't scratch sensitive equipment I often haul. I got mine off eBay for 280 shipped, the best price i've seen on them by far.

Quick Reply: BEDRUG bedliner, who has it in their rig??