3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BD Inter-cooler

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!! I can not believe a company that will not fix obvious and known defects is still in business. I understand the time issue but I had a similar issue with my Airdog II and when I called and described the problem, they sent me a pump overnight with prepaid label to return the other. It was at least 3 years after I had purchased the pump and I was not even asked when I purchased it. THAT is how you keep customers. Shame on you BD! Your design was poor to begin with (hence the changes) and instead of helping this guy out, you turned an entire group of customers with money away from your product line. There are several companies out there that get it.

OBTW I have several .45s but I always grab the 1911. It just feels the best and shoots the tightest groups!!!!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:21 PM

I've always told people to stay away from BD after the aweful experience my buddy had with them. This happened a few years ago now, so I can't remember the exact details, but this is about how things went.....
He had them rebuild his tranny with a few upgrades. Deep pan... tranny cooler with fan... some billet stuff... etc. Had a tranny temp gauge installed at the same time. He starts driving the truck... everything is good. His tranny temps are staying nice and low... even when he's hauling his trailer they're way lower then they used to be. I think it was about the 13 month point his tranny started acting funny. Within a few days of the first signs of things going weird the tranny gave out. Took it back to BD to figure out what happened. They had put the temp gauge on the return from the tranny cooler... instead of the outlet from the tranny. So basically the whole time his tranny was getting way hotter then the gauge was reading. BD basically said, "to bad" to him and offered no help. Clearly their fault for putting a sensor in the wrong place.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:14 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Partisan 1911, I was saddened to read how poorly you were treated by BD. Looks as though BD`s customer`s NO service is on the trail to FUBAR.
As it is written -"once bitten, twice wise"
I shall not even consider any BD product in the future!
Old 01-13-2013, 10:30 AM

Going to stay away from the politics of this but ...... Partisan if you have not rewelded it yet and intend doing so my recommendation is to wrap metal around the original welds after you have redone them. What I mean is to weld an angle piece of metal over all the seams and double weld. I would suspect, due to the design of the old IC, that the on boost/off boost flexing of the unit was the major cause of the weld failures judging by the appearance of the cracks. Also if you do not have the IC mounted on rubber to allow flexing then you will always have a problem due to rad support flex under power. Hope I have helped here.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:30 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The problem with BD intercoolers they make their tank ends, just crap under boast. I had seen alot of this on there tanks. There fix was to run solid rods on through the side tanks and weld them for support. I had suggested years ago to use a cast tank better strength that comment was just ignore. If you can find a person up there who is good at tig welding it would be cheaper just remember to clamp the tank down level and square so not to warp it when welding on it