3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Arrowcraft and larger tires (DRW)

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 07:28 AM
wap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MikeyT
Here's another question,

Are there adapters available to go over the hubs to maintain the hub-centric setup of the stock wheels when using the Arrowcraft spacers? (see pictures below)

I'm not sure if it's a big deal, but I've read that lug-centric wheels are not as strong as a hub-centric setup.
With the arrowcraft spacers your inner duals remain hubcentric but your outer duals are converted to lugcentric. As for wich is stronger I do not know but I can just about promise if it lets loose with the arrowcrafts you would have broken anyway. You bore the wheels out to accept bigger lugs. I have (typed this many many times but...) towed well over 20k at 450+hp and has zero issues. It may be a good idea to use blue locktite on the inner dual though, just for insureance.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, new tires are on and look awesome - my next question is how do I get the wheel caps to fit back on the truck with the new lug nuts?
Old 07-02-2008, 09:40 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueDually
Yes this subject has been beat to death, I have 295 toyos and 2" arrowcraft spacers, at roughly the stock height. No rubbing anywhere.

Arrowcraft recommended to bore out all the rims, and rotate as normal, that seems kind of shady to me so I rotate the inside 4 and keep less air pressure on the outside duals, hoping they wear a little slower.

You cant use the center cap on the rear duals, and there is a bit of a lip on the 295 tire that busted all the clips off of the wheel skins, they are now zipped tied on
by not having both sets of duals pressured the same, it will end up dragging a tire and wear faster. the higher psi tire drags the lower and the lower will end up cupping and wear really funny. seen it many times on big rigs and had it happen to me on my Pete.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know it's possible to run the wheel covers with the Arrowcraft spacers - I've seen plenty of pictures.

Come on guys - how are you making it work