3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?

Old 09-15-2007, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electronic rok tech sensor?
Old 09-15-2007, 06:00 PM

It is not made for stacking. It is made for fuel economy.

If you want to stack you are not all that concerned with fuel economy.

Also if you really want to stack we have "Stacking" modules of several varieties you can use that are made to stack.

If that is not good enough wait until the Xzillaraider 2 is out and use it to stack, it has tons of options for stacking.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:27 PM

I have the race module on my 06, I was wondering if I would somehow be able to get this tune into the truck. I haven't seen a too much of an increase in fuel milage. It seems like it runs the best on the hottest setting. Seemed like the EZ got better MPG gains, obviously this one lights it up a little more.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:55 PM
HOV

I got the module in today. Out with the Puck and in with the M3.

Impressions: the butt dyno is poorly calibrated and only reflects the inner thoughts of the owner, so I can't comment on whether the module actually adds any low-end or not. But it certainly doesn't take away anything from the stock power levels; when you floor it, it feels like flooring a stock truck, which I personally think feels pretty good.

As for the mileage, I have no idea just yet because I only drove about 8 miles with it installed. If one were inclined to believe the overhead (which was reset when I started my test run), I ended up with around 21 MPG at the end of my mostly highway, 55-mph go-round. In comparison, when I do that same run on stock settings, I usually see around 17.5-19 MPG on the overhead. My overhead runs about 1.5 MPG high when stock, so that run usually nets me around 16-17.5 MPG actual.

But these boxes tend to throw off the overhead and I wouldn't make any judgments on effectiveness just yet. I'll post more later when I've filled up and done some driving.

One note: Quad customer service is top notch. Really excellent folks working that operation. I had to call twice this week for things I screwed up, and they came through perfectly. I'm a stickler for good customer service, and would say they are highly recommended on that front.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:27 PM

still waiting on mine to get here and when ever it does I will let yall know to about the fuel mileage. I drive about 700 miles a week so I should notice something by next week on the box if it help. He said I should get it this week.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:30 AM

Cant wait to read more reports. My mere 400 mile a week commute will thank you
Old 09-20-2007, 07:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=qzilla;1696798]It is not made for stacking. It is made for fuel economy.

If you want to stack you are not all that concerned with fuel economy.
[QUOTE]

But wouldn't the Max Mileage make a good stack for people with performance boxes that doesn't have timing? Like the VA3.1, 3.2, EZ, etc.....

MikeyB
Old 09-20-2007, 11:13 AM

You just would not gain anything. It only does stuff in a range and not throughout the powerband.

We are working on something for people that have things like the 3.1, 3.2 MP8, EZ etc.

That is a whole different animal for what we are going to do and it will help mileage but, it is more complicated and more difficult to install and will be a little more expensive.
Old 09-20-2007, 11:29 AM
HOV

qzilla,

During test, did the M3 box affect the accuracy of the overhead?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:33 AM

I got the Max Mileage Module delivered by UPS last night after work and boy was SHE cute WOW!! Any way where was I? Oh yea the module. I only have about 30 miles on it and the only thing I have to go by is the overhead. It has always been with in .2 of a mile compared the hand calculating. I took it out on the highway and and put about 20 miles on it and the read out went from 14.7 to 18.1. I know the module may be messing with it and i will hand calculate when I put a few more miles on it and refuel. The motor sounds different, a little quieter and seems to run a little more free. No codes.
I hope this makes sense because it is hard to discribe but it has made a difference. Now this part could be just me because I was really trying to pick up on any little thing but it seems that the transmission is shifting a little better. I wouldn't even try to discribe it. Well this is too d---- long already
Old 09-20-2007, 11:38 AM
HOV

Originally Posted by Lloyd Henry
The motor sounds different, a little quieter and seems to run a little more free. No codes.
I hope this makes sense because it is hard to discribe
I experienced the same thing. The motor does sound different, I just didn't want to say anything because sound is really hard to quantify and I thought maybe my ears were messing with me.

Another thing: after my commute this morning, I think I can say that the butt dyno reports moderate gains over stock in the low end.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:21 PM

IT does affect the overhead some. What we found during testing was that the amount the overhead was off was different based on year models and based on the actual ECM programming.

It is hard to say how much it is off and you are best off hand calculating.

More than fuel mileage we went more off of how many more miles you can get to a tank of fuel. Most people reported anywhere from 40-75miles.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:55 PM

I am still waiting on mine so hopefully it will be here tomorrow so I can try it out on a fresh tank of fuel for the start of the week.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Dodgezilla
I agree with you Coolslice BUT I can say that every Quad box I have ever owned has given me a 1 mpg increase on the 60hp setting. I've had a couple of them over the years.
I want a box that will give me 500hp, Great mileage, no smoke, and won't strain the fuel system or transmission! That's what I'm waiting for now.....
I hear the flying pigs are working on that one. They'll air drop them on your door step when they're done
Old 09-20-2007, 08:57 PM

Loaded mine this evening waiting for piano practice to end. Took less than 20 minutes and I am not mechanical. Only tool needed was my pocket knife. Have only driven approx. 8 miles and I too think truck is runs and shifts smoother. Plan on filling up tomorrow and going for a ride. I think it looks cool too.

Bob

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone tried the MILEAGE MAX module?