3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3,700 full-fueled rpms, disabled torque management, no defueling during shifts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Tire Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3,700 full-fueled rpms, disabled torque management, no defueling during shifts

Well I just got off the phone with Joe at Pacific Performance. I talked to them about the "hot" verison of their downloader. I made sure to get a clear, definitive answer from them. Quick excerpts from the convo (and points worth mentioning)

PPE hot program is:
All Duration/timing
Offers some boost fooling
NO TORQUE MANAGEMENT FOR AUTOS
NO DEFUELING BETWEEN SHIFTS
Doesn't defuel til 3,700rpm. Stock cam continues to make power until 3,400rpm.

Straight from their tech's mouth. I know there is some bad-blood here because of a guy I can't remember, but the company seems standup. It might be looking into. He also said they might be able to "one-off" 100 downloaders offering nothing more than increased rev limit and removing torque management/defueling on shifts.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:14 PM
Banned

Keep us posted, PPE owner lives next to me seems like a nice guy.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well are you gonna do the "guinea pig" thing for us on this one. I talked to someone from there a while back. He did not make me confident that all of those claims would really work on a 600 Cummins with 48re. How do you do boost fooling with programming only?? I would really like one that just disables torque management and raises rev and defueling limits.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:15 PM

On the 03 Dmax I had I ran PPE's downloader on it. Power was outstanding. Look at pic in gallery. Joe is a very stand up guy and would do business with him again. Did he give you any kind of hp/tq figures on the unit?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:32 PM

ppe

Originally Posted by John Rodriguez
Well I just got off the phone with Joe at Pacific Performance. I talked to them about the "hot" version of their downloader. I made sure to get a clear, definitive answer from them. Quick excerpts from the convo (and points worth mentioning)

PPE hot program is:
All Duration/timing
Offers some boost fooling
NO TORQUE MANAGEMENT FOR AUTOS
NO DEFUELING BETWEEN SHIFTS
Doesn't defuel til 3,700rpm. Stock cam continues to make power until 3,400rpm.

Straight from their tech's mouth. I know there is some bad-blood here because of a guy I can't remember, but the company seems standup. It might be looking into. He also said they might be able to "one-off" 100 downloaders offering nothing more than increased rev limit and removing torque management/defueling on shifts.
I went round and round with them about a year ago. They promised me dyno info, never sent it. Moolie had good things to say about it though. He was the one on there website dynoing his truck. I remember all the flak he got for that video. Let us know if you decide to try it. 3700 rpms , No pressure increase. If that can be proven Ill buy one. doug
Old 12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Tire Hater

I dunno if I want to waste 1k on something that may or may not work as advertized, considering I already have 1300+ in chips so far.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:33 PM

John, 1k for a downloader, Yikes. Does anyone know if they uload the stock program and replace only parts of the stock back in. ks
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
JR

I know what you mean. Sitting here I can see the four boxes under the desk. No wonder I don't have any money in my pocket. I did sell the Predator and the Quad XZillaraider Race box at least. I have to wait until I see what the IRS is going to do to me this year before I can make anymore impulse buys.

Boxes Under Desk:

HOT Juice/Attitude
EZ
Bully Dog Triple Dog
TST PMCR R49
Old 12-14-2005, 09:45 PM

I would gladly pay $1k for something like that if I saw proof. I talked to them and was not impressed. I'm also not impressed with "Moolie". I wonder what they say about the 305/555 stuff now. I couldn't get a straight answer before.

Andy
Old 12-14-2005, 09:58 PM

Guys, for 03 04 it maxes at 215hp 325 tq. I read it three times and all have defueling for all shifts unless I'm missing something. ks Only 630 for the non hot versions. I have RAD so it doesn't affect me but I like the 3700rpm. I hit 119 mph at 3250rpm. 3700 rpm would give me 136mph. ks
Old 12-15-2005, 05:01 AM

advertising

Originally Posted by John Rodriguez
I dunno if I want to waste 1k on something that may or may not work as advertized, considering I already have 1300+ in chips so far.
John , I went to there web site again. Unless I'm missing something, I cant find them even advertising 3700 rpms & no pressure. Sometimes these ( techs ) are so vague they aren't even saying anything. PPE is not alone bullydog was no better. The bully wouldn't tell me how much HP was derived from pressure on each level. He just cried about proprietary information.My Bullydog downloader was never unwrapped because I'm afraid the use it because the ( tech) wouldn't tell me how much pressure his product was going to feed my engine.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:42 AM

i have a hot xcelerator,it will go to atleast 35-3600 rpms and there is no defuel between shifts,however on my truck the tq management is still there...i cant use the top programming setting because of my injects,however i do use the middle setting with a power play and am very happy,once i install my new bd top speed/rad i hope my tq managment is gone......

other things i forgot to mention mine want make over 32 psi of boost with out trhe power play helping it,they told me it had a small amount of pressure in it,i do know they are working on new tunes but i just called 2 dayus ago and nothing was ready for release yet
Old 12-15-2005, 06:58 AM

King D, Do you have aftermarket injectors and that is why you don't go to the top level. ks
Old 12-15-2005, 07:33 AM

Good luck John,
NO one so far has been able to produce a dyno sheet to back up the 3600-3700rpm claim of fueled rpms.

If you produce one then I am sure there will be more boxes sold....until then
Old 12-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Tire Hater

Hell, if I could get a definitive answer and a dyno sheet, maybe a video of it, I'd put down my CC right now. Doing the math, 400rpm of added fueling (limit of the stock crank's effectiveness) will increase my power by around 80whp.

Quick Reply: 3,700 full-fueled rpms, disabled torque management, no defueling during shifts