3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Amsoil By-Pass guys . . . which filter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Amsoil By-Pass guys . . . which filter?

I am getting ready to order the BMK-11 Single Remote By-Pass System from Amsoil. Which filter are you guys running on your truck and why? The EaBP-90, 100, or 110? Did you notice a significant drop in oil pressure? Which full flow filter are you using with it . . . the Donaldson?

I think I saw on the website that they recommend a change interval of 25K miles with the Donaldson, an EaBP-xxx, and the 15w40 Marine Diesel. When are you changing yours, and have you had the oil tested?

Sorry for all of the questions, but this is important to me
Old 12-03-2006, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the dual set up's drop the PSI a little that's why they recommend the single set up for new trucks ( it actually drop's it enough to turn on the check gauges light!)

on my 01 I had the 100 filter on mine, the only difference between the three is how much oil they hold.

I would just use the full flow that they recommend
I think it is SDF26 but they may have changed the number to something else now?

Old 12-03-2006, 08:02 PM

I'm not running the by-pass system but I am using AMSOIL. The EA080 filter with the (ARO) SAE 20W-50 Synthetic High Performance Motor Oil. I'm not sure it's fully necessary to run the bypass system unless you are hauling heavy loads daily or racing. I have been using this setup for the last 5 years. It is a good setup for daily driving, Occasional towing.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you don't have to tow a lot to benefit from a bypass filter. They are great for anyone who wants to help their engine last forever, no matter what type of driving you do.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by 53 ******
you don't have to tow a lot to benefit from a bypass filter. They are great for anyone who wants to help their engine last forever, no matter what type of driving you do.
Yep . . . the main reason I'm getting mine is to help reduce engine wear. I'm a bit of a fanatic about that stuff . . . . I Armor-All my engine . I figure a few more years of therapy and I can stop cleaning the underneath of the truck
Old 12-04-2006, 01:51 PM

I have talked to Amsoil about this and was told to just run the single remote bypass instead of the dual bypass. As far as which filter to use I would use the largest that you can fit although any of the three will work. All three filters will fit the same remote mount. As far as which primary filter to run I would just run the stock fleetguard IMO. I believe the SDF 26 mentioned above will only fit the dual remote but I could be wrong. I was told that it will not fit the stock location. If you check with Amsoil you will find that they also make a billet replacement oil filler cap that is tapped for a return line. I think they run around 50-60 dollars.

David
Old 12-04-2006, 05:32 PM

Dual bypass

I have a brand new unit sitting in my garage. Main reason it's there is I am undecided on where to mount it. How about some suggestions so my wife will stop asking me whats in the box. Truck is 06 Shortbed 4X4
Old 12-04-2006, 05:40 PM

If you are mounting the dual, then most are doing it underneath on the frame. I'm sure there are some pics on here. If you are mounting the single (BMK-11), then I have seen them mounted in the engine compartment by the firewall, over the turbo. Saw a pic on this site with the EaBP-110 (the largest) mounted there.