Notices
General Diesel Discussion Talk about general diesel engines (theory, etc.) If it's about diesel, and it doesn't fit anywhere else, then put it right in here.

Cutaway of My Amsoil By-pass filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 08:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cutaway of My Amsoil By-pass filter

There are a lot of folks that ask me how the Amsoil by-pass filter works and what it's made out of.

First off the filter is made of stacked disks of particle board looking stuff, but I think it has several types of media in there looks like wood, and some fine fiberous stuff, like cotton or maybe a synthetic media. Next theses diskes area stacked and held together on the tube and compressed with a heavy spring. The oil flows from the outside of the media towards in the inside tube during which time it is super cleaned and returned back to the engine. If you follow the line that I have here you can see I had the BE110 filter element this element adds about 2 quarts to your sump and is the largest of the 3 elements that Amsoil makes.

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/saxnflute/album?.dir=/Amsoil+By-Pass+Filters

Old 12-03-2003, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:Cutaway of My Amsoil By-pass filter

We have a large filter in at the plant somewhat familiar to this to clean up the oil in the 20000 gallon turbine lube oil sump. They are called something like diatomacious earth filter (spelling) and act to remove water and other contaminants that the normal filters and strainers won't catch.
Hey, we finally went to AMSOIL synthetic oil in the Woodward governors on the terry turbines, pretty cool eh?