3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Amp Research Wiring Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 10:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp Research Wiring Question

I cannot find the wires under the dash for the life of me where the signal wires froms the steps hooks to. The directons say the harness is running down the right side of the steering colum but there are no wires there. If you know where the wires are located please tell me and describe where so i dont have to wait till i get time to call the company and get it done tonight. Thanks
Old 11-13-2008, 04:35 AM

Wires

When I installed mine, I found the wires on the left side of the steering column. Just look through them all. There is not that many, and even though there is at least one other wire bundle that has some similar colors, the bundle you need for the steps is the only one that has all four matching color codes. Infact, I am pretty sure mine was closer to the e-brake pedal that the steering. Hope this helps.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:01 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
http://www.dodge.com/bodybuilder/

this site should have all the electrical info you need, it even has pictorial locations of the connectors in the truck

you have to REAL careful, because Dodge is stupid and doesn't do Configuration Management on thier drawings, so they are not labeled as to what year they are for.

i usually down load them into folders by year, and then write on them when i print them out to work on buddies truck or other stuff. ( i put 05 heated seats in my 06 - nightmare )

hth
Old 11-15-2008, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bradleysram
I cannot find the wires under the dash for the life of me where the signal wires froms the steps hooks to. The directons say the harness is running down the right side of the steering colum but there are no wires there. If you know where the wires are located please tell me and describe where so i dont have to wait till i get time to call the company and get it done tonight. Thanks

I believe they are on the right side, only when looking up to them when your head is resting on the brake pedal.
I also had a tough time finding the wires, but found them nonetheless. If you still have not found them, PM me and I can try to get a photo of how I did mine.
BTW finding them is one thing, screwing those **** connectors together when you are upside down on your head is another thing...The end result is worth it though.