3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AirDog instructions/ 53 willys

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AirDog instructions/ 53 ******

I must have the new installation manual because they have colored pics and 3 pics of Marks(53 ******) install, but they show the new pickup tube goin where he put his fuel tank vent mod at.
Mark do u think this is a good place to put the new pickup tube or should it be placed close to where u have yours from Vulcan? Im just askin for the fellas that are gonna use the AirDog pickup tube. I have the Vulcan pickup tube on the way and im gonna install it where u did.

Thanks
Buddy

P.S For those lookin at this setup..... its a very nice kit!! I cant wait to get it on.
Old 01-12-2008, 11:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
those pics are a going to be little confusing if they did not specify what was what...I used the Stock Airdog pick-up for my tank vent mod....I thought about putting mine there..but I think the pick-up is better next to the stock fuel module.....the tank is not very flat on the back side so I dont think it would be a good spot for the pick-up.....
the megacab tank makes it so you HAVE to mount the pick-up on the front of the module...
clear as mud????
Old 01-12-2008, 03:31 PM

Yeah i agree 100%, they didnt specify what was what in those pics, and said where u put your vent mod was where to put the new pickup tube!! I hope that area dosent cause the 1/4 tank issue being up that high and all the fuel is down where the stock lift pump is!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:07 PM

I'd say you want it closer to the center of the tank. That way when the tank has some tilt to it(going up or down hills) it would have the best chance of staying submerged in fuel. But, you'd have to run it pretty low to cause an issue with the fuel pickup. Look at the length of the tank and imagine what kind of tilt you'd have to have with what amount of fuel to leave it exposed to air instead of fuel. So the farther away from the center the worse off you may be. My .02