3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Aftermarket injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 08:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now that is a good question, GDH11
Old 11-01-2004, 10:21 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Injectors for different power levels have different modifications.

Yes, the 305 HO will be the first injectors released. We started those in Jan. One of my last posts may have been confusing. We started the 04.5 trucks after the older ones had already been cooking.

I am shipping some tomorrow to a few guys I have known for a while. If I was to call the first testers the "Alpha" guys...these would be the "Beta" guys. The biggest difference is the Beta guys are paying for the upgrade. Im 99.9 percent certain in the readiness of the injectors but wanted to run a few more folks in Beta to get to 100% mark.

So far the injectors make a great gains in power for the TST and other duration box users. I only have the duration box injectors ready at this time. They add about 40 HP over stock. Less EGT and great economy gains. No power loss in the upper levels of the TST. Most TST users have a loss of power on any setting over 5/5. We can go all the way to 9/9 and keep the power steady.

Some dyno graphs are here that show the power never falls off using a TST on the upper leves. This is the older style, more aggressive TST program:

http://www.f1diesel.com/commonrail.html

Hundereds of dyno runs have been made during the tweaking. Long road trips and mileage calcs. Roughly 11,000 miles have been logged with one type or another of modified injectors. Several turbocharger options. Twin turbos, large singles, small singles. This includes all year models and HP ratings.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:51 AM
DTR Advertiser

I have done zero testing with either of those boxes, but if the pulse width is increased with them..... I bet they will work great. Heck they work great with pressure boxes, but are really optimized for a the duration. I will have a pressure only set for increased HP. Pressure and duration is great too with these.

Using a set of honed stock injectors ( large ) we were averaging 16.5 MPG. Installed the EDM's and got to 20.5. Cruise EGT dropped 200 degrees. Top EGT dropped 300 degrees and the HP went up!

Stock VS EDM testing is less than 4 MPG. Looks like 2 average. I dont guaranteee mileage improvements because of driving style differences.

Everyone will know when we are ready. I am considering a dealer only install for the first few months. I have a good technician and dealer in Salisbury North Carolina. He has a nice shop and has installed countless sets of our injectors.
Old 11-01-2004, 04:45 PM

GDH - the pup adjusts duration but the six gun is only timing and pressure. However being that you have the pup, it would 'seem' that you'd stand to gain from the duration specific injectors...

Don, thanks again for your dedication to our trucks and extensive testing. I only wish other aftermarket companies did such exhaustive testing and didn't leave it up to the end consumer!
Old 11-01-2004, 05:53 PM

gdh11, if you want to discuss please send me a PM or email. I am not selling them directly, but I can provide a referral if you wish.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:54 PM

Kerma, by all means post some info, we're all curious now.. There's nothing saying you can't inform us of our options, and most would welcome more options.
Old 11-01-2004, 06:24 PM

Don,

Are you seeing any increase or decrease of smoke with the TST/EZ injector?

Brandon
Old 11-01-2004, 06:58 PM
DTR Advertiser

Brandon,

Probably depends on twin turbo set up more than anyhting. Less in ones I have tested.
Old 11-01-2004, 08:41 PM
DTR Advertiser

I grabbed a few nozzles this evening and have a photo with some text at the bottom to help explain what they are:

http://www.f1diesel.com/proto.html

Don~
Old 11-01-2004, 10:04 PM

kerma.smugmug.com
Old 11-01-2004, 10:12 PM

Originally posted by Lightman
Kerma, by all means post some info, we're all curious now.. There's nothing saying you can't inform us of our options, and most would welcome more options.
Email only- I am done posting here. Email is in my profile.
Old 11-01-2004, 10:18 PM

KERMA,

Looks like pm only. You have specified to not recieve e-mails from this site. I sent you a pm.

Richard
Old 11-01-2004, 11:33 PM

Please post if you come up with anything good.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket injectors