3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

Aftermarket injectors

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!!

Is this a suppiler war or what. I thought this was a thread on a list of recommended injectors and the possible warentee issues of installing them. Why don't we get back to the original question. Some of us, myself included, would like know a little more about avalible injectors for the 3rd gen, not listen to a couple of guy's go at each other about manufacturing nozzels.

Bryan
Old 10-31-2004, 03:37 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Medical Supplies? Wrong. Guess again. LOL
Old 10-31-2004, 04:37 PM

Yes, this is getting silly. I get a little carried away sometimes. Sorry. Later!

Best of luck to Don.
Old 10-31-2004, 06:14 PM

1, 2, 3, 4, I declare vendor war
Old 10-31-2004, 06:29 PM

Kerma, this isn't the TDICLUB, you should realize that, and people around here don't really put up with the same amount of antagonism that's so common there, and prevalent in your recent posts on this thread. It wasn't a few weeks ago you were acting all friendly asking Don M questions and complimenting him on another thread about the magic he does with injectors and how everyone loves them, and now you're trying to bash and question him and his products/company... Sounds like you are interested in getting some of the forum's business, and attempting to discredit a valued member and good company probably won't get you far...
Old 10-31-2004, 07:33 PM

Touche' Lightman. Sorry to sound so antagonistic.

No, not after the business, necessarily, but interested in what goes on here on the other side. Nothing on my site competes directly with Don's offerings. I practically invited Don over to TDICLUB. I have respect for the online following he has. He must do something right. I just wonder if it's "all that" or just hype.

I guess it's not my place to ask. I understand the "outsider" situation, it's a lot like when he pops over to TDICLUB and makes claims about gonna wipe everything up. I've been immersed in VW diesels the last several years, but I don't know nearly enough about these trucks. Since there are lots of people who are way smarter than me in that regard, I'll leave it to them.

No way could a newcomer like me discredit an established player like Don, it is just silly to think that I would try. But... consider me chastised. I realize I don't really have much of a leg to stand on around here...
Old 10-31-2004, 07:45 PM

Originally posted by KERMA
I realize I don't really have much of a leg to stand on around here...
I would disagree there. There are a lot of people here that just don't like to see the boat rocked. I myself welcome anyone that can ask informed questions and challenge the norm. Hard questions that get answered just enlighten the rest of us and give even more credibility to the answering vendor. It's the vendors that DON'T answer or start the personal attacks that I will never do business with. As long as the questions aren't antagonistic and are asked in an adult and professional manner there is no reason for ANYONE to hold any questions back. As a matter of fact I myself would like to see Don's shop and equipment so that I would have a better feel for who I was putting my faith in also.

I question everyone and if they want my hard earned dollar they are going to have to show me that they know what the he!! they're talking about.

Don't ever stop asking questions!!!

Richard
Old 10-31-2004, 07:48 PM

Originally posted by Don M
Medical Supplies? Wrong. Guess again. LOL

BTW Don, what is your background in the diesel industry? I've always been a little curious about this myself. I find vendor background very interesting as to how they got where they are today.

Richard
Old 10-31-2004, 07:55 PM

Kerma, typically Cummins forums are very welcoming to outsiders, and you are welcome here too. I also think your questions are good, and getting deeper into these aftermarket parts and their companies are good too. I just know how the TDICLUB members treat eachother, and wanted you to know it's a little frendlier around here
Old 10-31-2004, 08:19 PM

Lightman, where the hell you been? Still have your TDI?? Your last post in tdiclub was last year. Lot has happened since then.

I try to be friendly but I'll stick up for myself and sometimes that might seem antagonistic. I'm the little guy here, the newbie, there's not much point to being antagonistic, it just alienates people. Sometimes I get carried away.

Maybe I SHOULD get into the cummins stuff more directly. I certainly have run across enough cross-overs like yourself and a few other friends who know "a little" about these trucks. Good product tends to speak for itself after a while.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:41 PM

The more aftermarket cummins parts the merrier as far as I'm concerned!

I have frequented the tdiclub site since around 2000, and still visit from time to time, mostly the fuels/lubricants section. Most of the old timers are gone on that site it seems. I sold my TDI about 15 months ago and bought the truck. Still have the E300 though. Have any injectors for that?
Old 10-31-2004, 09:38 PM

MIckey has forums, and that is where most of the "old-timers" hang out for the General Discussion. I am not a paid vendor here, I am participating as an enthusiast, but you can email me at the address in my profile if you want to ask about stuff.

Too bad about the TDI, but one only has room for so many vehicles, I guess.

This discussion is getting a little (more) off track.
Old 10-31-2004, 09:48 PM
DPU

All I hear about w/ injectors is "we drill bigger holes in the tips, and we modify the tips, and tips this, and tips that." Is that all there is to making more HP w/ injectors, OR do manufactures do anything else? As in something internal, or modify the rest of the injector? I have a set of injectors in my truck. They were built here locally where I live by Diesel Perormance Unlimited. I thought I heard him (the guy that built 'em) say something about modfying the actual injector, and not just the tip???

Don M, have any answers for me?
Old 11-01-2004, 06:40 AM

DPU - read the thread called EDM injectors, do a search. Don explains a little detail about the process. In short, yes they do a lot more than just open up the holes like Diesel Dynamics does etc.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket injectors