3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Absolute BEST Twin Setup...

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
I think BD is making a twins setup that will take you up to 1000hp.
As far as which twins, what hp goal are you trying to get to? Are you wanting a setup you want to upgrade in the future?
I want the highest HP possible whilst retaining daily driveability as well as the ability to haul heavy loads anywhere. I am assuming that this is around 700HP ??

So, if that is the correct number, then that is my goal.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:09 PM

HP and TQ

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
How much HP & TQ are you putting out ?
I haven't dyno'd in over a year and most of my mods have come in this past year. A guesstimation would be 600. Soon maybe,.. I hate to go until I finish what I'm doing and trying.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Banned

like i said i have nothing agains ATS as i am running one of their turbos but i really dont think you will find a better set of twins as PDRs.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:09 PM

OT, With a PPE Hot stack and a little methanol in the water ...you'd be close to 650 I bet. With the EZ you'd be just under 600. ks
Old 05-22-2006, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by inline6power
like i said i have nothing agains ATS as i am running one of their turbos but i really dont think you will find a better set of twins as PDRs.
I am going to call them tomorrow. I just hope they are 4 months out!!!
Old 05-22-2006, 08:16 PM

Stacks

Originally Posted by abc4yew
OT, With a PPE Hot stack and a little methanol in the water ...you'd be close to 650 I bet. With the EZ you'd be just under 600. ks
Tks for the estimate and you are probably right,... I chose to be conservative with my appraisal. I know longer stack with the EZ.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:33 PM

Not to get off topic but D.Wiggs was your car on Unique Whips?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by steerjock
Not to get off topic but D.Wiggs was your car on Unique Whips?
Yes, they did my H2, Lambo, and my fiancé's M3.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:43 PM
Banned

holy smolly lol .very nice to have talked to you, i saw every one of your cars on the show. way cool man, love the lambo
Old 05-23-2006, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by inline6power
holy smolly lol .very nice to have talked to you, i saw every one of your cars on the show. way cool man, love the lambo
Thanks a lot !

I have done a lot of modifications since then (smoked rear lenses and side markers, lowered it 3/4" front and rear, tubi exhaust, rear view camera, and have some new HRE rims coming in this week) and i have a laundry list so long it makes my CTD list look like stock vehicle !

I am planning on new cams, headers, exhaust, coating everything in the motor, driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, boreing of the motor, all steel fasteners replaced with titanium, carbon fibre seats, new suspension, brakes, etc, etc. The list goes on and on!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:37 AM

Thanks a lot !

I have done a lot of modifications since then (smoked rear lenses and side markers, lowered it 3/4" front and rear, tubi exhaust, rear view camera, and have some new HRE rims coming in this week) and i have a laundry list so long it makes my CTD list look like stock vehicle !

I am planning on new cams, headers, exhaust, coating everything in the motor, driveshaft, clutch, flywheel, boreing of the motor, all steel fasteners replaced with titanium, carbon fibre seats, new suspension, brakes, etc, etc. The list goes on and on!
I diddn't read the word turbo once in there. You need to focus your priorities. Turbo Lambo would be a beast(understatement). Call power by poole. The have a bigger turbo selection than most. Or maybe performance diesel warehouse.

I would love to be able to do everything at once. You are your own warrenty station. Have fun. Maybe you can try and break some HP records or something.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by PanteraGSTK
I diddn't read the word turbo once in there. You need to focus your priorities. Turbo Lambo would be a beast(understatement). Call power by poole.

Nope, no turbo for the Lambo. I like N/A power for sports cars; so much more controllable around the track and predictable. I should be at 600-625 RWHP in a vehicle that weighs just under 3300 lbs. with about a half tank of gas, and me NOT in it. That's a far superior power-to-weight ratio than an Enzo!!

Oh yeah baby!
Old 05-23-2006, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you think would be the absolute best twin turbo setup for performance, towing, and driveability?

I have heard everything from a B2 & SPS66, to a B2 & B1, to a Silver Bullet & B2, or Aurora 2000 & Aurora 5000, etc. etc. Would love to know other's thoughts and hopefully even personal experiences with any of these or even better ones.

Thanks. My truck is almost ready to be torn down!!

Well, I would add 22.5" rims to get better fuel economy
Old 05-23-2006, 11:19 AM

If you ever do want to turbo the Lambo get a hold of this guy. I rode in a Testarossa twin turboed by this guy once in Dallas. All I can say is bada$$. This dude does some exotic stuff.

http://www.bobnorwood.com/
Old 05-23-2006, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by SSminnow
Well, I would add 22.5" rims to get better fuel economy

I like your thinking!! And what do you know, they will be here tomorrow !!

If I don't get any better economy, I blame you!

Quick Reply: Absolute BEST Twin Setup...