3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

555 Juice w/Attitude on my front porch!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 04:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
555 Juice w/Attitude on my front porch!

That's right! When I was coming home (Post Falls, Idaho) from Monroe, WA. today Kathy (my wife) calls me and says, "I setting on the front porch watching the Grandkids and there is a box here that says "Juice with Attitude"". I didn't get home till 10 PM tonight, so it will go in tomorrow!

Don't get too excited, it is a Beta, they are not available yet.
Old 06-25-2005, 04:37 PM

cool Bob, hope its works out real good for you 555 guys.
keep us posted
Old 06-27-2005, 01:17 AM

Power is nice and smooth. I used the performance mode and did a 1/4 mile run. Keep in mind that Ghost Rider weighs 8860#'s with me in it, and I did have a few extra in the bed of it. Anyway, according to the Edge performance setting I did 15.6 at 89 MPH. This was on 5x5.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:16 AM

I am hearing that it does pressure??
Old 06-27-2005, 05:47 PM

I read somewhere that it is suppose to do pressure also,

BigBob, what kind of settings does it have, I am not familiar with the juice at all but, have been thinking about trying something new, I have been having a lot of problems with my current box. If you are allowed to talk about it please tell us
Old 06-27-2005, 11:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WTG Bob!

Got Juice?
Old 06-28-2005, 12:11 AM

qzilla & alltimelow1,

Prior to getting the Beta Juice, I was told that it was going to provide pressure also. However, the owners manual doesn't say anything about it. I am going to call Tom or Aaron tomorrow and will have more information then on pressure.

The Juice with Attitude has 5 different power levels:

1. Economy
2. Tow
3. Drive
4. Race
5. Extreme

In each power level, there are 5 sub-levels to control smoke by changing the fuel delivery according to boost level.

I think Edge's goal is to give us more usable features with the Attitude, like incorporating EGT's, Boost, Load, Torque converter lockup, Tranny Slippage, Engine Temps, RPM's, Backdown, MPH, Barometer Pressure, Intake temperature, & Throttle Position. Will these be of value to everyone, probably not, but some will use them. The Attitude also has defueling for high EGT's, boost and transmission slippage according to the settings you want, so Edge has also built some safety features into it. It also keeps records of Maximum EGT's, Transmission slippage, RPM's, Engine Temps, and MPH. It also has a performance program where it will time your 0-60 MPH times and 1/4 mile times.

Edge designed the standard 555 Juice with Attitude for the common, everyday Joe with a maximum of 100 HP. I will verify that soon. I'm sure they were thinking about turbo's , transmission and clutches, and not putting their customers in a risky position of blowing up one of the above and having to purchase more upgrades to run the Juice. And then have an unhappy customer.

Then for us radical's who know the risk and have or are willing to make the performance enhancements to handle more HP, the HOT Juice will be available later. I think Edge is pretty smart with this, rather than taking TST position when the first PM came out and having numerous turbo, transmission and clutch failures.

I also want to state for the record, I am not an employee of Edge Products and have absolutely no financial or other ties to Edge Products, I was just chosen to be a Beta Tester by them.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:32 AM

This is going to tick some people off so please don't get too mad...

I put my Xzillaraider (race) on last Thursday and the first place I went to was my buddy's house who has an '05 w/ the Juice/Attitude. I was the one who talked him into buying his Edge stuff because of their reputation, my prior experience w/ their products and all the positive feedback from here and other forums.

We took my truck out for a hot lap and then we took his truck out for a hot lap on the exact same route. We both agreed 100% that the trucks performed basically identical. I am not trying to flame Edge in any way, I am wanting to advise anyone w/ a 555 that already owns an Xzillaraider that you will not see a difference. I have been holding money in savings for "one more month"' to buy the Juice and I won't be buying it now when it comes out because I think the Xzillaraider will hold it's own against it.

Now the Attitude is a different story. That's some cool stuff I have an Outlook monitor but I took it out because of the Xzillaraider. Now I'm just waiting to see what Quad's gauge package will be.
Old 06-28-2005, 02:17 AM

DieselRaptor,

I'm not sure the 05 Juice will perform like the 555 Juice. Reason being the 555 Juice is suppose to have pressure along with timing and duration. The 05 Juice doesn't have pressure.

I am also wondering if you had both trucks, why didn't you do a side by side comparison?

Like I had said in a previous post, I really don't think that Edge's goal with this box is to be Top HP Dog. I think they want to give good reliable power without tearing up an unsuspecting parties truck with a lot of useable features that you will not find any where else.

For the High HP Lovers, the Hot Juice would be the ticket. Again, not saying that it's going to be the Top HP Dog.

JMO
Old 06-28-2005, 11:29 AM

BIG BOB,

Like you have stated, the Juice isn't designed to be the highest HP module on the market. That is why we weren't really interested in racing our trucks to see who is fastest. Believe me, I have no doubt that day will come like it has so many other times before!! .

I wanted to feel the difference between the 2 and the only way to do that is to actually drive the two trucks.

I don't want to turn this post into an argument between which is better. I just wanted to tell of my experience between the 2. I think both companies put excellent products on the market and I'm glad that I don't have to make a choice between the 2. In fact, if I didn't have the Xzillaraider and had to make the choice between the 2 I would probably buy the Juice but not for the Juice capabilities, it would be for the Attitude.

Do you think it's unfair to compare the '03 Xzillaraider w/ an '05 Juice?

Scott
Old 07-08-2005, 08:44 AM

Hey, Big Bob do you know if that will work on the 2003 SO as well??
Old 07-08-2005, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by -=DieselDave=-
Hey, Big Bob do you know if that will work on the 2003 SO as well??
Yes it will work on the 03 SO's.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:52 PM

Personaly, I don't respect any company who won't inform their customers about what their product is actually doing to the engine, i.e. how much pressure each level is producing. I currently own both Edge and Quad boxes. However, if any company will build a box, and be honest about the effect on the engine, I'll get rid of the others and support their company. I am not saying a company needs to divulge "how" they produce power, but they should allow their customers to make informed decisions about their very expensive investents.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:40 PM

Call Dennis at TS Performance...he will discuss everything...for hours if you want.

Right down to the voltage each signal is giving.

Heck...if you don't like it...they can reprogram the box to your standards. The fueling map can be totally up to you.

Edge will explain the Juice to you too. Call Aaron.

TST will explain their methods as well...
Old 07-09-2005, 12:29 AM

Originally posted by GreenZ
but they should allow their customers to make informed decisions about their very expensive investents.
You already have that decision, before you bought the box! Any modification done that would void warranty are your choice before you spend your money.

Quick Reply: 555 Juice w/Attitude on my front porch!