3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

500hp

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Im not crying nor do I care that anyone knows that I exist as I am a no one, I am not a turbo builder nor a shop owner.

Back in 07 I had a premier truck now I have a sad slow DD. Money, Times, and priorities change.

As far as your comments this charger was built for 600-650, again times and tuning change. This is per Chris whom I bought the turbo from. As far as it being run on the ragged edge I doubt it or why would he recommend it. I am not here talking about my build as I have nothing really built anymore.

I am not here to derail this thread anymore than I already have.

Did I miss me blowing up or having my butt hurt??? Cause I think I did
Wow, you edited the **** out of that post.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:15 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
John already asked you guys to get this thread back on topic. That doesn't mean you should keep poking each other with a pointy stick.

Old 07-23-2012, 09:26 PM

My post was edited by an admin.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:30 PM
Administrator / Severe Concussion Aficionado

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
A warning has been given to keep it on track. Now its gotten to a pissing contest with personal insults.

Take a hike.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 PM

I apologize...I shouldn't have egged it on. My fault.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 PM

Actually, Ill reverse that banning, and make this a final warning to all in the thread. Keep it on track, without the insults, and everyone can remain members here.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:38 PM

See above post. Thanks Blake, and again I shouldn't have posted any of that. Apologies, Rye.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ARbowhunter7
See above post. Thanks Blake, and again I shouldn't have posted any of that. Apologies, Rye.
I saw that after I had posted. Lets just try and keep it relevant.

Like Ive said before, Im no turbo guru on the 5.9's but have learned quite a bit on the 6.7's.

Newer turbo tech is in the market, and what was thought to not work before, is making headway now.

When I started looking for what I wanted to do with my truck, I was told that a S466 single would be crazy for a daily driver. I ended up going a bit bigger (S467/83 .9) (67.7mm inducer), and I can tell you, not only does it work, but will spool on the right on the heels of the stocker, and then take what the stocker could do and embarrass it.

Experiences are helpful in these threads, by all means, share what you know, some of us will learn from it, but lets be adult about it.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:05 PM

Are those DIRTYMAXES running a PPE Programmer???? That PPE is an amazing combo with a dirtmaxy.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by michael/edge
Are those DIRTYMAXES running a PPE Programmer???? That PPE is an amazing combo with a dirtmaxy.
The PPE does make a Duramax quick, but EFILive has been King for a long time in the Dmax world.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
John already asked you guys to get this thread back on topic. That doesn't mean you should keep poking each other with a pointy stick.

------------------
Scott and Blake:

Thanks for getting in here after I warned BOTH of these guys and taking care of business! What is "irritating" from an Admin's point of view is grown men can't seem to follow a simple request to keep things civil in a thread that they didn't even start! The OP looks like a new DTR Member and is just trying to get help and opinions on his truck!
Old 07-24-2012, 06:40 AM

Ok so getting back on topic. I don't tow just looking for a dd street drag truck. My setup should be turbo, airdog, trans, studs,and nozzles,plus efi
Old 07-24-2012, 09:20 AM

who is doing your trans joe and what are you having done it to?
Old 07-24-2012, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by RyeThomas
Ok I'll play

Those Duramaxes are light and quick, they probably have EFI and if they have twins and a half decent set up they are gonna be tuff to beat without a lot of mods. I'm just being honest here, a well built DMax is quick.

As far as your truck stock sticks can do upper 500s and I think a few have claimed slightly higher. Studs all comes down to what you decide to do charger, or chargers wise. They are cheap insurance.
So 1 what hp level do you really want to go
2 do you want, need or have the budget for compounds aka twins
3 you should get a lift pump
4 depending on overall hp modded pump or arson 3
5 you said trans so do it right the first time
6 depending on boost and power level look at a coolant bypass
7 again boost rpm level look at valve springs
8 you need fuel filtration get a 3 micron kit ASAP
9 injectors??? All comes down to hp level
10 if you can get EFI live it is hands down the way to go, can't remember what year truck you have

Your biggest decision is going to be HP and air. I'm tired of the compounds bandwagon. You simply do not need twins these days with the tuning and chargers that are available up to 600hp+ clean DD. Their are a few variables that can change that but twins are not necessary for every third gen. Make up your mind what you really want and we can give you an exact list, without it we are kind of wizzing into the wind.

A 530 hp Cummins is not going to beat a well tuned twinned dirty max, sorry but the truth hurts.
Ok maybe a 530 hp single cab 2wd with about 10k in track tires and suspension work to get her to hook might do it.
Joe,
Love that you started this thread (selfishly, I intend to piggy back much of the valuable information being shared here). In short, I too have a goal of accomplishing a reliable 500-550 HP for daily driving. As with everything, we all have alternate goals in mind and opinions on how to get there...
That said, I would appreciate any and all suggestions that highlight the "order" in which these mods should be made to safely acheive this goal. Quite simply, I know my upgrades will come in order of priority "over time"...the idea that I can purchase a bundle of parts with a phone call and credit card is simply not a reality...
(As a result, I think Rye has done a great job of highlighting some of what I was looking for in this thread...)
However, the following includes a list of what I am hoping will help me reach this goal:
- Complete tranny build (Garmons GDP Stage 2 Unit...* Suitable up to 650 RWHP)
- AirDog 150 (...too much? will 100 do?)
- Upgrade to Smarty S-06 (EFI is 2nd to none, but Bob Wagner has been a huge supporter and tons of help...hate to turn on those guys)
- Single turbo upgrade (Suggestions here are welcome...) my ideal turbo would spool quick and suitable for occasional towing. Twins would be great...but the wife keeps close tabs to any and all upgrade cost and I don't think twins are in my future.
- Fuel filtration (3 micron kit)...admitidlly lost relative to this suject. I know fuel filtration is paramount, however, I am uneducated in the options available and or minimal needs for safe injector life, etc...
- Finally, stickers on my back window from all the products that I have added (I understand that this can add considerable RWHP to any truck..right???)
Again Joe, I hope you realize that I am not looking to high jack your thread here. My hopes are to simply add some fuel to the fire in an effort to generate additional ideas from some of these guys that can help all of us.
Good luck with those bowties...I hope you give em' hell

Simple reminder to all:
Any and all parts that can be purchased from DTR, should be...!
Old 07-24-2012, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John_P
The OP looks like a new DTR Member and is just trying to get help and opinions on his truck!
Yes, I noticed that. And this was a fine way to show him what DTR is all about huh?

Originally Posted by cstewart
Love that you started this thread (selfishly, I intend to piggy back much of the valuable information being shared here).
That's not selfish at all! That's what these forums are supposed to be all about; the SHARING of information.

Quick Reply: 500hp