3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

50 New Quadzilla Program ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If a manufacturer knows something has problems and they are having a lot of failures with the product and investigating it themselves I don't see why they would sock it to the customer. Of course, DC has been doing that very same thing like on the ball joints, recirc door, drive shaft vibration, u-joints, and the list goes on.....
Old 12-26-2007, 06:23 PM

Further to my previous question, has anyone updated their xzaillraider 2 on an 04 truck? I'm only getting 30.5 psi of boost (same as stock) on the factory shipped program. My egt's are thru the roof. I hesitate to update it after hearing all the horror stories. I suppose it can't be worse than it is now.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:25 PM

ive updated mine with the stacker, and mpg tune and havent had any problems. my truck doesnt see more than 25psi of boost at wot, but ive been told that is because of the mechanical wastegate and i need to get a boost elbow.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:28 PM

Some updates to the current downloads are available as of today. I downloaded the 'SMOKE'. As soon as I started my truck I got CEL w/ the codes 0193,0237, & 0069. They went away after a couple miles driving & restarts. Haven't got on it yet so 'nothing to report. I will report back Fri. morning my results.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:53 PM

I downloaded the newest files named 20071225? and checked to confirm the number on the download and it still shows the older 2007 numbers. So that means that t was fixed and just not numbered correctly. Or most likely the patch is still no good. I will check on my am drive if it is just numbered wrong or still jacked.

Eather way the Jr will be on my front door on 12/27. And the X2 is out. I don't know if I can sell this thing to a friend with the knowledge of possible issues.

If you have downloaded the files 20071225? please check to see if the file name matches the name on the web.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by roxj
ive updated mine with the stacker, and mpg tune and havent had any problems. my truck doesnt see more than 25psi of boost at wot, but ive been told that is because of the mechanical wastegate and i need to get a boost elbow.
ive used the same tunes,{mpg and presure only}and ive seen 37psi then it flashes,i do have my wastgate blocked off though,its easy,i used a bolt and a gearclamp,kinda hackish i know.but it works.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:10 PM

what are the 50 tunes,is that 5 new ones each for the mmm,xzt,x2 and 2nd gen stuff?
Old 12-26-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by jballou
I downloaded the newest files named 20071225? and checked to confirm the number on the download and it still shows the older 2007 numbers. So that means that t was fixed and just not numbered correctly. Or most likely the patch is still no good. I will check on my am drive if it is just numbered wrong or still jacked.

Eather way the Jr will be on my front door on 12/27. And the X2 is out. I don't know if I can sell this thing to a friend with the knowledge of possible issues.

If you have downloaded the files 20071225? please check to see if the file name matches the name on the web.
That means you dod not get it downloaded properly. The flash is working correctly.

So exactly what sort of issues have you had? Boost not as high as you want? Anything else? That was the only thing I knew of, ever.

Also, anyone with a 235,250 or 305hp motor, This has nothing to do with you. Your boost is 100% regulated by a mechanical wastegate. The boost fooling always has worked on the above trucks.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:11 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great to see ya back quad! I was getting worried!
Old 12-26-2007, 11:50 PM

I'm downloading the X2 XZT 325 XZT 12/26/07 version right now. Can't try it until this weekend as we are suppose to get up to 6" of snow tomorrow.

Boost fooling and snow just don't mix on the highway very well.

dangit!
Old 12-27-2007, 10:15 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks Quad. My program fine for my 305hp 2003 is fine but I just loaded my buddy's truck with the new flash for his 325HP 2006 and still not getting the boost he was getting with his original racebox. He could get 40-42 lbs of boost and his EGT's were good. Now he can't get over 33 lbs of boost and EGT's are higher. Any thought's ? I did check after the download to make sure it was loaded correctly. When I ran the utility info file it said "Factory". I started this thread not to bash you at all. I was just hoping someone heard something about some new programs. I think we all know you have the best customer service and by you responding to us on a forum says a lot about you and your company plus I know it is very frustrating dealing with manufacturing vendor that I'm sure you have had problems with. Happy Holidays to you and your family. Now where is the adrendaline for my 2003 ! Kidding.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:39 AM

how bout a hint on the new tunes,gives us with no lives somthing to look forward to on newyears,hahahaha,we have a new little one so ill be one with no life in bed at 9pm hahaha
Old 12-27-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by vzdude
I dunno exactly what they do to test it. Just last time I called they said they thought they had a good replacement sender but after 2 months or so it puked as well.
Mine is acting up also. Supposedly there was a high pressure unit and a low pressure unit, and Quad inadvertently sent out the higher ones. I got the replacement from Quad about three months ago, and the new one worked well for three weeks, then it started fluctuating wildly. Now it reads anywhere between 3 psi and 9 psi, with no correlation to engine speed or throttle position. My Dodge dealer said they can check pressure, but Dodge goes by flow, not actual pressure.

Does anyone know the manufacturer and part number for a pressure sending unit that works with the Commander?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:54 AM

Well I tried to load the newest files multiple x's and could not get the file to check out ok. In other words, I would update the module, it says updating file, transfering file,etc, then file loaded. Unplug the module, click on check module, plug module back in. Upon checking that the file is loaded it still shows the older file name.

All of the old files on my computer have been erased, so it is not an old file that I am loading from my computer.

BTW quad for me it has not just been low boost. High egt, a byproduct of low boost, and by the commander it will peg the rail pressure gauge at 28518psi. It is wired correctly to the instructions.
Old 12-27-2007, 04:38 PM

I'm getting the same as jballou except commander issue don't have one. I've been tring on and off today. Now this is what I get say's found mod updating mod then it go's to searching for mod then right too update complete but still shows 20071207. I can up load the mpg 20071004 one no problem then when I go to update to 20071225 it shows that its the 20071207 version when you get info from mod.. Don't know I'll try my other computer later when I get home.
Ok heres actual reading on the pop up window readout
x2 board detected
programming mod
do dunk ( computer noise)
searching for mod
do dunk (computer noise)
mod found
update complete
Not sure if the helps you awnser my ?

Quick Reply: 50 New Quadzilla Program ?