3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

50 New Quadzilla Program ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I discussed the issue at hand now extensively with Justin, he told me he would personally call me with more info. And here will be the first place I tell the answers.

We discussed the holiday season issues with the programmers being out of the office etc.

He said that the next thing that he was going to do was download the file like the rest of us and try the update.

There was discussion about the possibility of it being my module, and I reassured him that it uploaded the older files just fine, very low chance of module issue. And suggested trying it on another computer, don't have..

Justin also said that there was limited going to happen before mid next week ( after the new year ).

There is got to be an end to these issues. He reassured me that they would do everything to work on them.

Thanks quadman20 for the info. Any others with issues?
Old 12-27-2007, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by quadman20
I'm getting the same as jballou except commander issue don't have one. I've been tring on and off today. Now this is what I get say's found mod updating mod then it go's to searching for mod then right too update complete but still shows 20071207. I can up load the mpg 20071004 one no problem then when I go to update to 20071225 it shows that its the 20071207 version when you get info from mod.. Don't know I'll try my other computer later when I get home.
Ok heres actual reading on the pop up window readout
x2 board detected
programming mod
do dunk ( computer noise)
searching for mod
do dunk (computer noise)
mod found
update complete
Not sure if the helps you awnser my ?

I got the same results, don't try doing it on 3 other computers like I did, you will get the same results and a waste of time. Somethings still f'd up there.
HMM to Jr. or not to Jr....

Wood
Old 12-27-2007, 08:03 PM

I have a Quad Race box for a 2005 Dodge (325). It was updated by Quad a year ago, does the website offer n upgrade for it? If so how do you plug into the Quad box? Mine does not hava a USB connection, where do you get the adapter?

Thanks
Old 12-27-2007, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Dynocon
I have a Quad Race box for a 2005 Dodge (325). It was updated by Quad a year ago, does the website offer n upgrade for it? If so how do you plug into the Quad box? Mine does not hava a USB connection, where do you get the adapter?

Thanks
If you want to upgrade your box, there is a form to print out where you send in your old box with an upgrade fee to get the new box with the faster processor and the built in USB connection.

Wood
Old 12-27-2007, 08:10 PM

Sorry, the form is on Quadzillapower.com on the updates page im pretty sure.

Wood
Old 12-27-2007, 10:58 PM

Quad I just tried to update on 2 differant PC's with same results. Sorry woodrep had to try for grins and giggles and I had time to waste. Anyway hope this helps. Just doing my part to help out if thats possible?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by quadman20
I'm getting the same as jballou except commander issue don't have one. I've been tring on and off today. Now this is what I get say's found mod updating mod then it go's to searching for mod then right too update complete but still shows 20071207. I can up load the mpg 20071004 one no problem then when I go to update to 20071225 it shows that its the 20071207 version when you get info from mod.. Don't know I'll try my other computer later when I get home.
Ok heres actual reading on the pop up window readout
x2 board detected
programming mod
searching for mod
do dunk (computer noise)
mod found
update complete
Not sure if the helps you awnser my ?
I am sitting here at my laptop doing the same thing Quadman right now. I have the X2 plugged in right next to me. I get the exact same thing as you. The public flasher version is shown as .6a for the 12/25/07 date code update which is the same as the 12/07/07 files update. I have all 3 programs on my laptop. The 10/04/07, 12/07/07 load fine. When I load the 12/25/07 file it says it loads fine and all is good. However, I have used both the X2info tool and programming window to look at the module datecode and it still says it has the 12/07/07 program even though I supposedly loaded the 12/25/07 file. I am using the 325 XZT files. This is getting STUPID! and frustrating.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:25 AM

I think in my post with the program read might give the hint. Did realease this before and it maybe a mood point. But does it seem like the mod gets lost for quick sec then refound making it think it got all the right info just on this update??
x2 board detected
programming mod
searching for mod-- Heres where I think its loosing something but could wrong
do dunk (computer noise)
mod found
update complete
Not sure if the helps anyone-anyone
Old 12-28-2007, 01:00 AM

Well, I've officially decided to put the X2 back in the box and let it be an expensive paper weight for awhile and just use the bypass plug. If Quadzilla can't figure out how to upload programs to their website I'm not sure I want to risk my $40K truck with warranty trying to figure out if their SW works or risking if it works correctly. I will let Jballou and Quadman do that for me.

Hurry up guys before my birthday hits in February and I tell my wife to buy the JR and put the X2 XZT in the classifieds section.

BTW Quadman, hows the weather treating you in AZ. I miss it.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:14 AM

Any word yet?????????????
Old 12-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by LFD2037
Some updates to the current downloads are available as of today. I downloaded the 'SMOKE'. As soon as I started my truck I got CEL w/ the codes 0193,0237, & 0069. They went away after a couple miles driving & restarts. Haven't got on it yet so 'nothing to report. I will report back Fri. morning my results.
Well the codes are still there, just the CEL turned off. I did notice mine says .6a also. Couldn't test it out 'cause the streets are too wet but I did notice it doesn't smoke other than a little puff ONLY from a dead stop which it does very close to that factory. This has become extremely frustrating.
Old 12-28-2007, 11:43 AM

06mega it been quit cold here 50's during the day burr and 30 at night but things are looking up low 70's by wed.
LFD2037 I know it's getting frustrating but I have faith it will work out. I'd think and hope if the issue were life threating that they'd be stand up and say hey hold off on useing till fixed. Yes I lnow low boost =higher egts but we can control that for the time being with right foot. Normal every day driving no need for 40+ boost unless your pulling heavy all day at my thoughts. But I've been wrong before.
Old 12-28-2007, 03:03 PM

My x2 is now sitting in the garage cabinet. I will wait at least a week after the next set of updates come out before I try it to confirm that it works ok.

Anything else is a waste of time.
I feal better that the frustration has been removed...
Old 12-28-2007, 04:10 PM

W/ the newest 'smoke' download on PL4 boost is still @ 32 max. Just FYI!
Old 01-02-2008, 08:16 AM

Just for referance on my previous issues as posted. Since tring to update to new 20071225 and still seeing 20071207 I've noticed idle spikes on fact. tune. Also towed this weekend and had big loss in power had to by pass,was alot better stock. Had my pc with me and reloaded mpg file 20071004 was better coming back home but had stock boost only. Was on pl2 40 hp whole time.
Now when I try and load std 20071225 file I get a file earer notice from .netframe everytime now. I've tried it on 3 differant pc's same thing.
Quad what happening here this is getting fustrating you know. I trust you'll figure it out but for now just going to run it in bypass for now just incase something really not right.

Quick Reply: 50 New Quadzilla Program ?