3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

35" mud grapplers mounted w/pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Looks great... I Love the look.

Originally Posted by Stacked97
Looks great!

So how loud are they on the highway?!
(even if I had them, I doubt id hear them over the stacks anyway )

I ran a 44" TSL swamper on my last ford and I am running the 37" mud grapplers now on this truck, I will say that these tires are just as loud if not a little louder. They are a niceer tire and blance out a whole lot better, but they wear pretty quick and are pretty noisy. I am not sure if I will do another set, I reall love the look and would have to buy 5 of whatever else I do get, so we will see. I like the hankook mud tires. Those look like they would be pretty comaprable to the Toyo Open Country M/T.
Old 06-11-2007, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by CrashCade
I like the hankook mud tires. Those look like they would be pretty comaprable to the Toyo Open Country M/T.
My local Les Schwab tire dealer tried to get me into the Hankooks. But I really wanted Nitto Mud Grapplers.

It's a good thing I stuck with Nitto, because they dropped the Hankook line about 3 months later due to the fact that the tires were coming in out of round. You can balance an out of round tire,.......... but you can't make it ride smooth.

So far I have 18k on my 35/12.50/17 Nittos. They still have the factory siping and over half the tread left. Very smooth and comfortable ride.

Love the hummmmmmmmmmmmmm

...........Jim
Old 06-11-2007, 12:55 AM
Chapter President

Getting the Nittos to wear is just like any other tire...air pressure and rotation.

My dad taught me years ago to run a front tire so that the outside edge of the tread is barely touching the pavement and run the rears about 5-8 lbs less, depending on what motor is in the truck. I think in my dodge I run about 10 lbs less in the back, depending on how much weight I'm hauling. Rotating these tires every 3 to 5 thousand is also a must. If they ever start dipping they're done.

You guys may argue with me on that one, but I have just under 50,000 miles on a set of BFG ATs by following that rule and they still have over half tread left, one of the tires still has the wear **** that sticks out sideways in the tread. And I live in the mountains of Western North Carolina.

Boz...I have about 1,000 miles on the 37s and there is very slight wear on them.

The nittos are definitely louder than my 38.5" TSLs on my Chevy, but they're still more quiet than a bogger, just have the same tone to them. I love it, but running late at night, half asleep, is not a good idea. I'm like a baby listening to a lullaby with these tires.