3rd Gen High Performance and Accessories (5.9L Only) Talk about Dodge/Cummins aftermarket products for third generation trucks here. Can include high-performance mods, or general accessories. THIS IS FOR THE 5.9L ONLY!

10,000 FTLB of Torque in the Southwest

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 11:36 PM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
10,000 FTLB of Torque in the Southwest

Well the day is over and I am BEAT!! We had a great turnout and raised $630 for Families of Fallen Soldiers! Had 21 trucks on the rollers and nearly 30 showed up to support.

Special Thanks to:

LAZARSMITH (Made trophies and Lazarlights, Drive PSI kit, Lazarbucks)
High Desert Ravelco (donated a Ravelco)
Performance Flat Four (provided the facility)
Pureflow Technologies (donated an Airdog)
Mac tools (hats and t-shirts)
RECON (shirts and stickers)
Boogerwelds.com (created the flyers)
Zangara Dodge (donated 5 oil changes)
Jessie the DJ (2 tickets to tonights MMA fight) (good luck with your fight Jessie)
LINE-X of Albuquerque
Black Out Diesel Performance (donated a 6" billet stack clamp)

I ended up putting my beast on the rollers too.

pull #1 smarty on level 3 version 4.11 405.1 hp & 816.2 tq
pull #2 Smarty on Level 5 same version 394.7 hp & 859.2 Tq
pull #3 Smarty on level 5 same version 389.3 hp & 845.3 tq

Here is a link to the photo bucket album since there are 77 pics of just what I took. We are going to assemble a video and the pics on disc for the contestants.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...%20dyno%20day/

Diesel Power Magazine also showed up and ended up being there ALL DAY! They also did a photo shoot on a buddies truck while he was there so I can't wait to see that one too!

THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONE WHO HELPED OUT AND DONATED TO THE CAUSE! The money goes to helping with travel costs to get families of fallen soldiers to the Albuquerque Memorial to receive the recognition and thanks for their Loss of a National Hero!

THANK YOU AGAIN AND GOD BLESS!!
Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like every one had a good time! I can't wait for ours this July 12th here in upstate New York.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by 06trx
Looks like every one had a good time! I can't wait for ours this July 12th here in upstate New York.
Where is it going to take place?
Old 05-18-2008, 09:39 AM

Chris, a big thanks goes to you for setting the show up-that was a blast! Oh, by the way, where are your horsepower #s in your post? Just giving you a hard time, since I got the low torque #s for the day-gonna have to install that DIY TC lockup switch and try it again at a lower RPM next time! It was also good to see all the different trucks out there, and put faces to names of people here on DTR and elsewhere.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Chapter President

It was a blast and thank you all for coming. We only had 1 powerstroke and 2 or 3 dmax's, the rest was all dodge!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:00 PM

Cbrahs, I wonder why your truck put out 400+ HP with less torque than level 5 with it on level 3. Then when you switched to level 5 you had less HP than lever 3 but considerably more torque? Me and you basically have similar mods and I run on 5 most of the time, so i was just curious because my truck is probably around the same numbers.
Old 05-18-2008, 01:31 PM
Chapter President

I had a hard time spooling it up on 5. I have version 4.11 and no boost fooling so i think that was the main cause but not fully sure. I wanted to do basically a baseline for future mods. As soon as I get my tranny and the rest of the goodies in I can go TNT and then go for broke! LOL
Old 05-18-2008, 02:01 PM

And a good cause to boot. Awesome job, and all of us in the Military appreciate what you did!!
Old 05-18-2008, 02:56 PM

Chris,
Perhaps you might try to set-up another Dyno Day in the Future....IDAHO BABY

I'll be sure to make it,sure the bombers would show up too. Just a thought.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:36 PM

Gee well maybe i'm better off on level 3 with my setup but i do notice a power difference from 3 to 5 on my truck but who knows. Not to hi jack the thread but I've been trying the extra timing level 4 (fuel economy setting) and I'm wondering if maybe its too much timing for stock injectors. Ugh I just wish I could afford a silverbullet and new injectors tips right now and a clutch and be done with it.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:46 PM

It was a blast this weekend. My two boys are still grinning ear to ear and talking about it. Can't wait to do it again!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:19 PM

Here is a myspace link for some pics my boy's took at the event. I hope this link works. http://www.myspace.com/varghesegeorge
Old 05-18-2008, 09:40 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by DieselBoy20
Gee well maybe i'm better off on level 3 with my setup but i do notice a power difference from 3 to 5 on my truck but who knows. Not to hi jack the thread but I've been trying the extra timing level 4 (fuel economy setting) and I'm wondering if maybe its too much timing for stock injectors. Ugh I just wish I could afford a silverbullet and new injectors tips right now and a clutch and be done with it.
the even #'s don't have timing. I agree, i wished i could afford ALL the goodies i want to do to mine.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:42 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by goose2w1
Here is a myspace link for some pics my boy's took at the event. I hope this link works. http://www.myspace.com/varghesegeorge
Goose,

can you mail me a CD of the pics taken? I would like to assemble a CD of pics and any videos that were taken.

Thanks for coming up!

snoyes- THANK YOU TO ALL THE MILITARY MEMBERS AND TO THE VETERANS!! WE APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ALL DO!!
Old 05-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by cbrahs
Goose,

can you mail me a CD of the pics taken? I would like to assemble a CD of pics and any videos that were taken.

Thanks for coming up!

snoyes- THANK YOU TO ALL THE MILITARY MEMBERS AND TO THE VETERANS!! WE APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ALL DO!!
Just let me know were to send them or were to post them for ya. I think a CD like that would be an awesome idea!

Quick Reply: 10,000 FTLB of Torque in the Southwest