3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Who's having problems with the 6.7?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gbuilders
I 've been reading the Dodge forums and it seems a lot of people are having problems with the new Cummins. DPF problems, failed turbo's and other things so I'm wondering if Dodge and Cummins spent the time and mileage needed to test these engines before sending them into the market. I have not had any problems with mine and I've got 12K on mine and it's been great so far. If you go to the GM website those people are loving their new LMM's with little or no problems and at the Dodge site TDR some have had very bad luck with theirs. So I'm just wanting to check with others about their 6.7's. Chrysler is trying to get their feet back on the ground and problems with the Cummins engines are not going to help. What do you read into these forums and maybe some are just trolling. Thanks

Mines been in the shop four times all across the country..... It goes back tomorrow morning to be scaned to find out whats up... That will be the fifth in about eight weeks with 6200 Miles... They have all been "bogus" codes... Just very little deals but it has not had any new parts installed... This gets OLD ! We should have well over 12K miles by X-mas and im tired of the dealer allready !
Old 08-27-2007, 10:32 PM

8900 on the clock, CEL has been on at least 20 times, normally at the dealership once a week, at least. I've got a turbo on backorder to fix my P2262 problem now, dealership has no idea when it will be here...

I qualify for the lemon law twice over... all I want is for my truck to work right
Old 08-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Banned

I just thought about it but if they don't fix this soon it never will be. as soon as that piece of crap nardelli takes over (might have already) it will not be good! he completely screwed home depot investors and workers alike! now cerbus or what ever they are brings him in. was the 210 million + he got out of Depot not enough??

any questions about what the new direction of Chrysler will be was answered when they hired him. he will wring it dry and walk away with millions!

if you don't believe me read up on what he did at home depot.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:40 AM

I had the 'Cat Stat 100%' thing and some other little issues when I first got the truck.

Since the reflash I have not had ANY problems at all. Runs awesome!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:43 AM

I have 15,000 on mine and no problem. Biggest majority of people are having no problem. There are WAY more people on here that have no problems than the ones that do.....MHO
Old 08-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

These threads are started by people who are either having problems with their trucks or wanting to see what kind of problems are out there usually before purchasing. but then the threads fill up with people who like to tell the ones who are actually having the issues how problem free their trucks are and how we are a small minority and down play to prospective owners the chances of having issues.

this is just about as useful as the people who like to talk about how smart they were for getting rid of their 6.7 for a 5.9 and post it in every thread they can find.

yes we know most people are not having as many problems and if we don't know there will be 50 posts to tell us so. and then (i have said this before) some of those people have the audacity to tell us that we are basically stupid and cant put in the right fuel or don't drive the right way and that is the ONLY reason we could be having any issues just because they are not.

leave room in these threads for people who have something useful to say. maybe something that might help our situation and not just make yourselves feel better by gloating and rubbing it in over and over how great your trucks are running.

i will say again that i LOVE my truck i don't want another one and i don't want my money back I like most just don't want to be at the dealer every day and don't want to get 10 mpg when they do run. i just want the problem fixed right and be able to enjoy my truck.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:26 PM

I have had no major problems yet BUT:

I have noticed lately that on occasion my truck won't start on the first couple of trys and then starts up and runs well.

I have also experienced the engine running like sh*t once in a while when it starts up and having to shut it off and start it again a few times to clear the problem.

I have no errors coming up and most of the time it runs perfect. I have 12,000 KM on it.

6.7L 2500 Mega Cab
Old 08-28-2007, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Don Schultz
I have had no major problems yet BUT:

I have noticed lately that on occasion my truck won't start on the first couple of trys and then starts up and runs well.

I have also experienced the engine running like sh*t once in a while when it starts up and having to shut it off and start it again a few times to clear the problem.

I have no errors coming up and most of the time it runs perfect. I have 12,000 KM on it.

6.7L 2500 Mega Cab
I have experienced the same starting problem as well. Normally it's the early morning startup. I do not know if it will work for you but what I started doing is turning the key on, waiting until all the buzzers and lights go out and the only thing blinking is the CEL, then it starts fine each time. After the first start all the rest I just wait until the buzzers are gone and it starts fine.

You probably already tried this but just incase you have not.

Dave A
Old 08-30-2007, 07:49 PM

Well after reading the problems with the new Cummins (emissions and motor) they don't seem so bad after reading some the problems with the new duramax(s)LLY. Guess the grass isn't so green on the otherside after all.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=174
Old 08-30-2007, 08:26 PM

Hmmmm...

After owning my '03 (which I plan to keep for a LONG time) I KNOW my next truck will be a CTD Dodge as well.

But I do believe I'll be looking for an 05 or 06 with a 5.9 when I do!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 07:29 AM

I have 8,500 miles now with no problems, I am very happy with my truck. The only problem I have is with the dealer I service my truck with, every time I get an oil change it seems like they get oil all over the interior and carpets.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by TonyNJ
I have 8,500 miles now with no problems, I am very happy with my truck. The only problem I have is with the dealer I service my truck with, every time I get an oil change it seems like they get oil all over the interior and carpets.
No one takes care of your truck as you would. It's easy to change the oil in these trucks, just do it yourself. If you had one of these you could drain the oil straight into buckets and not get a drop on you. Fumoto's are right up there with sliced bread.....I've got one on every vehicle I own and have ever owned.

There's no way in the world I'd let those monkeys touch my truck

Here's a video reason as to why they don't change my oil: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNgfL-1U-s4

Last edited by Arkapigdiesel; 08-31-2007 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Added Video Clip
Old 09-02-2007, 12:00 PM

Add me to the list.
Got the P245A code this morning at 2K miles. Anyone find out what this really is and what the dealer is doing to actually address / fix the problem... or is it just the dog and pony show until Dodge / Cummings gets their poop together? This once proud owner just changed tunes....
Old 09-02-2007, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by espee
Add me to the list.
Got the P245A code this morning at 2K miles. Anyone find out what this really is and what the dealer is doing to actually address / fix the problem... or is it just the dog and pony show until Dodge / Cummings gets their poop together? This once proud owner just changed tunes....
Cummings? Is that a new engine?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:22 PM

boy i think we need to start a poll and see how many ppl have had this code show its ugly face. im started to get scerred