3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Malfunction Indicator light \ engine symbol

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 04:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My cel light came on again today for the second time. I pulled over to pull the codes and it did not have one. I then went into some pretty good sand and got to bouncing pretty good so I held my foot on the brake and throttle pedal and lighting bolt came on. This time it showed the p245a egr stuck code and p2299 brake pedal position/accelerator position incompatible. I then looked under the hood just out of curiosity and the whole right side of the engine is covered in soot. Called the dealer of course he didn't know what p2299 was said to keep driving unless it started to miss because of exhaust leak. Sorry to be long winded but I try to keep up with whats going on with these trucks so this might help someone else later. I'll see what dealer says the problems are tomorrow. I do have the idle up enabled and use it regular nobody has ever said not to at my dealership.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by 2rowdy
My cel light came on again today for the second time. I pulled over to pull the codes and it did not have one. I then went into some pretty good sand and got to bouncing pretty good so I held my foot on the brake and throttle pedal and lighting bolt came on. This time it showed the p245a egr stuck code and p2299 brake pedal position/accelerator position incompatible. I then looked under the hood just out of curiosity and the whole right side of the engine is covered in soot. Called the dealer of course he didn't know what p2299 was said to keep driving unless it started to miss because of exhaust leak. Sorry to be long winded but I try to keep up with whats going on with these trucks so this might help someone else later. I'll see what dealer says the problems are tomorrow. I do have the idle up enabled and use it regular nobody has ever said not to at my dealership.
Your description of P2299 sounds like you were braking and accelerating at the same time but the code puking machine doesn't know the Torsen type limited slip diff need to be engage that way to make it work.
Old 08-21-2007, 07:59 PM

RJR I do have the idle up program and my MIL light has never been on since last previously stated...

2rowdy thanks for letting us know exactly what is going on with your truck because I really feel that with the help of everyone some individuals with truck problems may be able to get on the road faster....

Thanks everyone...
Old 08-22-2007, 03:34 PM
RJR

I just thought I would throw that out there for you as another opinion. The service advisor said that they took some heat from STAR by enabling that feature.
After reading some of the posts, when I bought my new truck (love the truck), I was pretty insistant that program be done and this is when they told me I would see that engine light and would cause problems.

The explaination was that the ecm knows when to call for the high idle by reading the outside temp via the overhead, and that this is intended only for cold temps.

For what its worth.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:44 PM

The main reason for the high idle feature in our area (Texas) and this was said by DODGE and the dealership was that the dodge idles at 700 RPM stock. It will drop down to 500 RPM when put in reverse (irrelevant).

The main reason for this feature being activated in our area is for oil field and pipeline workers that idle their truck all day... If I remember correctly what I was told is "that it increases the exhaust gas temperature at the higher idle which is supposed to help in keeping the dpf from plugging"

I do not know how much of that is true but that is what I was told....

Hope this helps...
Old 08-23-2007, 08:10 AM
RJR

It does help and this was how it was explained to me as well. Other than the service manager just said that the trucks are being idled all day didnt specify where. I naturally assumed that it had something to do with the dpf not filling up due to the higher idle and temps...

I only wanted it so when the wife and kids are sitting in the truck while I'm in taking a leak or buying a coke the truck isnt idling a the lower temps. I doubt that short of a period will make a difference?