3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Edge Response for Insight Clear Codes on Startup

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Response for Insight Clear Codes on Startup

Ok everyone I need your help!

Everyone who is interested in having Edge add the feature to clear codes on startup to the Edge Insight contact tech@edgeproducts.com or post a reply to this thread stating that you are interested. I will also post this on other Dodge Diesel Forms.

Edge response:

Evan,
Honestly the best thing you could do to get the ball rolling on this is either have them call, or email me a link to some forums where this is requested... It sounds like you have done a DPF delete and need the codes cleared each time the truck is started... Help me help you and we will go from there.
thanks,

Edge Products Technical Support
1080 S. Depot Drive
Ogden, UT 84404
Toll Free: 888-360-3343
Local: 801-476-3343
Tech Fax: 801-337-2198
Email: tech@edgeproducts.com
Edge Products: Home

My Email to Edge:

Is there any update or will there be any update to allow the Edge Insight to clear DTC code on startup like the Edge Juice Attitude does for the 6.7 cummins?

There are a lot of us 6.7 owners that just need the ability to clear codes on startup and don't want extra power or price that comes with the Juice Attitude. I think a lot of us would even pay more just to have this one feature added to the Edge Insight. Is it even possible to add this to the Insight?

I can probably get a lot of people sending request to you/Edge if that is what you need to look into this.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2008, 09:50 PM

Ditto!

Absolutely! I've been thinking about the insight and that feature would be a deal maker.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 PM

+1!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-02-2008, 08:36 AM

Whatever you use to clear codes be it the Edge, PMT or a code reader the fact is you are only hiding them. Their information remains stored in the ECM.
If the check engine light bothers you the most economical and convenient way to eliminate it, is with a small piece of black electrical tape.
For me the CEL is no more of a concern then the 4x4 or tow haul light. I just drive with it on and seldom bother to check or clear codes.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:52 AM

The issue is not the CEL for most of us. Most people with a 2008 or newer and have a delete kit (DPF and EGR) are having the overhead display come up saying "Service Required See Dealer Now" and the annoying dinging noise from the truck. The only way to get rid of this is to clear the codes with a code reader, but it will come back every 300 miles or so. This has been confirmed by H&S and they do not have a fix for it. I am pretty sure all the delete kits have this issue right now even the code free ones because they are not code free if you delete the EGR. Right now the only way to cure this is either one manually do it with a code reader, or use a PMT or Edge Juice Attitude to clear the codes on startup. This is why we want this feature added to the Edge Insight. We don't want to spend the extra $$$ for the Juice Attitude for stuff we don't need or want. My truck is a six speed manual and from what I have seen the new dual mass flywheel clutch combo can't handle much extra power, so to get any real benefit out of a Edge Juice Attitude or PMT I would have to get a different fly wheel and clutch. That would cost about $800 - $1000 for the Edge or PMT and $1000 - $1500 for the clutch when we could just buy an Edge Insight for $300 to give us everything we need if they added this feature to clear codes on startup. I would think the would sell a heck of a lot more Insights if they would add this. I for one will not fork out a bunch of extra money for the Attitude or PMT just for this one feature that I want. I have owned a Edge Attitude on my 2002 and my 2004.5, but with my 2008 I have no need for that much extra power because it has so much just stock.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:23 PM
"California Style"

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
The only reason I wouldn't buy the insight is because it would not clear the codes automatically. Don't need to spend the extra $$$ on power programs.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:59 PM

I do not have a programmer or chip.
I have a DPF delete, EGR unplugged and an Edge Insight. I do not clear the codes.
I do not get any overhead messages or the dinger. Just the CEL. The key is to leave the electrical connection on the pressure sensor mounted on the side of the transmission unplugged.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by ron b
I do not have a programmer or chip.
I have a DPF delete, EGR unplugged and an Edge Insight. I do not clear the codes.
I do not get any overhead messages or the dinger. Just the CEL. The key is to leave the electrical connection on the pressure sensor mounted on the side of the transmission unplugged.
This will only work on a 2007.5 not anything newer, and has been confirmed by H&S and others. I even tried to see if I could have my truck flashed back to a 2007.5 flash, but I guess that cannot be done on an 2008 or newer. You are one of the lucky ones with a 2007.5 most of the time I wait a year or so before a new model and it pays off. I guess not in this case
Old 12-02-2008, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by evan4434
This will only work on a 2007.5 not anything newer, and has been confirmed by H&S and others. I even tried to see if I could have my truck flashed back to a 2007.5 flash, but I guess that cannot be done on an 2008 or newer. You are one of the lucky ones with a 2007.5 most of the time I wait a year or so before a new model and it pays off. I guess not in this case
Doubt there would be a difference in ECM,s if both were updated to the latest flash. Most likely DPF kites have been changed since mine was purchased in February. Regardless manually clearing codes on the Insight only takes about 5 seconds.