3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Dpf full help

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dpf full help

H E L P ! ! !
I purchased from an auction a 2009 Dodge 3500 Dually regular cab and a 6 speed manual. Now this truck has 124k miles. When I got it the DPF Full light was on and the engine was in LIMP mode. Noticing it has had the DPF and the Cat's removed. "I Thought great I don't have to do this." NO bung's on the exhaust. EGR was still connected.

Purchased a SMART JR-ME and thought it would correct it. Made sure it was the right version with MADS "SMARTY JR".
Well sure sounded good and took it out for a test drive and The DPF Full came on and engine was still in limp mode.

So contacted Smarty and tried different things. With no help. Purchased a EGR Delete "Sinister", thinking that would do it. BUT NO it didn't help. Then purchased a DPF-R with the connectors to the cat's and DPF wires. Thinking it would reset the timers of the DPF. BUT NO it still stays on, engine still in limp mode.

Then I put in a fuel rail plug!

Looked over and over for anything disconnected. Everything looks correct. Even had a Diesel Mechanic "Friend" come over and viewed the truck and plug in his computer. Nothing found. When I have smarty loaded and the DPF-R unit installed there are no codes. But truck still in DPF Full and limp mode.

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE? HELP! I need this truck to haul things badly. OH BTW this truck has a PTO unit. I removed all the hoses. Local dodge dealer will not look at unless I install cat's and DPF unit "I don't have them."

Now I tried to get ahold of the previous owner. Not around. I wanted to know how or what he was using. "PROGRAMMERS" Like H&S or something.

I N E E D H E L P !
Old 06-20-2014, 11:07 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Do you have the "ME" software in the Smarty Jr?.... any Smarty product made after March 2013 will NOT work with the delete "ME" software.....Lots of people selling the newer units "Claiming" they will do deletes but they will in fact NOT work.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lary Ellis (Top)
Do you have the "ME" software in the Smarty Jr?.... any Smarty product made after March 2013 will NOT work with the delete "ME" software.....Lots of people selling the newer units "Claiming" they will do deletes but they will in fact NOT work.
The version is S67-JR
D:RMOIL
J:6.06K

Smarty said it was the version and the right programmer. It came from Wickedrigs.com a couple of years ago. A friend of mine purchased it and sold his truck.
Thanks for the reply!