Dealer Unable to Diagnoise - Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Dealer Unable to Diagnoise

Old 08-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #1  

Dealer Unable to Diagnoise

07.5 Ram 3500 Dually-153k miles. I recently had the torque converter replaced at a Dodge dealership in Nogales, AZ. Following replacement of the converter I drove the truck about 25 miles home where it remained parked for several days. The next time that I drove the truck it operated normally for about 10 miles and then started bucking and surging. I managed to get the truck back home and called the dealership. I was told to bring the truck in on the following Monday. On Monday the truck once again ran normally for about 10 miles but when motor and transmission reached normal operating temp the bucking and surging started again. After reaching the dealership I took the tech for a ride and demonstrated the problem. It is now 5 days later and I am being told that the dealership can't diagnoise.the problem. HELP!
Ron King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:40 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron King View Post
07.5 Ram 3500 Dually-153k miles. I recently had the torque converter replaced at a Dodge dealership in Nogales, AZ. Following replacement of the converter I drove the truck about 25 miles home where it remained parked for several days. The next time that I drove the truck it operated normally for about 10 miles and then started bucking and surging. I managed to get the truck back home and called the dealership. I was told to bring the truck in on the following Monday. On Monday the truck once again ran normally for about 10 miles but when motor and transmission reached normal operating temp the bucking and surging started again. After reaching the dealership I took the tech for a ride and demonstrated the problem. It is now 5 days later and I am being told that the dealership can't diagnoise.the problem. HELP!
try a different dealer!!
johnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:03 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnh View Post
try a different dealer!!
I really was looking for a more creative suggestion!
Ron King is offline   Reply With Quote