3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Code 2262 and waste gate

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Code 2262 and waste gate

Hey all

Long time reader, first time poster.

I recently had my truck at the dealer for the 6th or 7th time getting the recall work done. No complaints from me, they have fixed everything and been very nice about it. I have had the typical problems that plague some of these trucks for the first miles, and I absolutely love the 6.7

While they were doing the recall, they found a 2262 code in the comp. Everything I have read is saying that this is due software problems and that they do not need to replace the turbo. On my invoice for the service work they wrote “Replacing Waste Gate Assembly.”

Is this a different way of saying they are replacing the turbo … or is it all separate pieces? I always thought that the waste gate was only attached to the turbo. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2007, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure on the wastegate, but I had the same code after the CEL came on for a few days about a month ago. I checked the code and found it was the 2262. Went to the dealer and told them what was up, and I also mentioned that I had read on this website that it was requiring the turbo to be replaced. Long story short, after spending 4 hours at the dealer waiting for them to do a manual filter clean and check things out and update the flash to AU, they get rid of the cel and send me on my way. 1 mile out (no lie) the cel comes back on and I take it back. They check it out again for an hour and tell me I'll have to bring it back to replace the turbo. You don't say. So, took it back a few days later and got a new turbo. The service manager said that the wastegate had residue buildup and he said not to let it idle b/c that was what had caused it. So, i use the exhaust brake pretty regularly now and no problems since. My mfg. date was 5/07. Other than that, awesome truck and no problems.