3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

" Check Engine Light "

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" Check Engine Light "

I had my Check Eng Light come on this morning , Was kind of Strange as I had my first ever I guess what you would call ( Hard Engine Start ) I just kicked the ignition And Bumped it two or three times just to ensure the Walbo / GDP Was not taking a Nap on me. It then fired Right up. Wierd to because yesterday was the first time I actually Tried the DTT Shift Enhancer that Goerend Trans Provided me with for the Billet Transmission I purchased from Him. My truck is an 05- 4-wheel drive 48-RE Anyhow yesterday I Set-it to the Race setting and left it there while I drove around town daily cruise kind driving no- racing. I Do leave my Hot " Juice on the number 5-Hot setting for daily driving and my Edge -EZ I have stacked with it on the # 2 Setting never Higher as to prevent Stock injector problems. I never Two anything or Carry heavy weight with my truck it is my daily driver for work. Does A Smarty have a Code clearing / Checking Ability. If it does I am going to sell this Hot juice with att Monitor and pillar mount system and Buy a Smarty. Can anyone tell me the method to check engine code by turning ingnition key on off ? to View Code?
Old 02-21-2008, 07:45 PM
Always a day late, and a dollar short.

Smarty does have code reading/erasing capabilities. Your Edge Juice can read codes but not clear them. The ignition trick doesn't give you a clear answer.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:45 PM

Check engine Light

It Went off on its Own . Must of been related to that hard start i experinced,
Old 02-21-2008, 08:48 PM

Hmm..might be the dreaded grid heater issue. Im so sick of looking at the stupid check engine light. Yeah for Chrysler and not having any desire to fix the ECU issue....
Old 01-19-2014, 01:10 PM

I have an issue with a 08 5500 with only 34000 mi on it. If I let it set for a couple of days when I go to start it pulses. The starter tries to kick in, but doesn't turn the engine over. I held it on and it did this a bit then rolled the engine over just fine. The last time it didnt' so there it sits. I bought this new in 10 and has been treated like a baby. Has anyone else had these symtoms?

And yes, I have replaced the batteries.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:36 PM

Charged the batteries this morn and it kicked right over. I don't live above the arctic circle and cold starts at 40+ degrees shouldn't be a problem. Took it down and had them plug it in to find any problems. Said I had an open here or a short there or low batteries. Ha, if I gave it to them to practice on it would cost me a fortune. Just have to fire it up more often I guess.