3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2007 and up 6.7 liter Engine and Drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

6.7 Mods

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread has maybe 5 lagit posts in it. Sure is alot of edited by admin LOL I bet there is less of that on the Honda forums. This is a Diesel truck forum with truck guys.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I am in the market and stoped by the dealer today to see about ordering an 07' MC 4x4 Dually. I love the cummins motor, but I like to mod more. If these things are going to be so hard to mod I may just start looking for a used 05-06' MC 4x4 Dually. Stock power is never enough, even if it really is enough. LOL

So basicaly as it stands right now you can only get rid of the muffler and add an intake? How long till maybe a box comes out for them?.

Last edited by Totallyrad; 06-12-2007 at 07:54 AM. Reason: Profanity
Old 01-12-2007, 10:21 PM

Will we never have black smoke out the 6.7's? Is my hobby lost?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:28 AM

I hope marco is working on a smarty on the new 6.7. I sure like my smarty I will hate if I have to keep my truck for long time. I don't know if I could drive another stock diesel again.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dodge12vKing
Will we never have black smoke out the 6.7's? Is my hobby lost?
There isn't a question of whether or not we'll see boxes for the 6.7 liter, it's a question of when.

Considering that the "legal to be removed" line of the article directly contradicts EPA-enforced legislature and government mandates, we'll need a Federal judge to determine the outcome of that argument.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Chapter President

So if anything that affects emissions are a federal offense, that means a dirty air filter and injectors are illegal?
Old 01-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Duallydog
So if anything that affects emissions are a federal offense, that means a dirty air filter and injectors are illegal?
Negligence is illegal.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Banned

Wow you guys are serious
If you read your warranty (at least on my 04.5) "any change in the exhaust system is cause for the dealer to void the warranty and we all know that dcx loves to find any excuse. I have been told that the new ECM group will monitor over 3000 parameters and that any change to programming will set silent codes and that all dealers are instructed to read the DRB even for oil changes. And we thought James Orwell was a science fiction writer, hell he was a seer
Fred
Old 01-14-2007, 09:17 PM

Any change in the exhaust system will void the factory warranty for the exhaust system. It will not void the warranty for the whole vehicle. That is against the law. I've had both my trucks in for warranty work, and the aftermarket exhaust system has never been brought up by the dealership. I'm picking up a 6.7 Cab and chassis this week, and one of the first things that it will get is a different muffler or no muffler. I'll have to wait and get some info as to how/if the muffler actually effects the computer or engine operation. I'm doubting it does. The boxes will come. They get later and later as the engines and computers get more complicated. I'm betting it'll be a while for the 6.7 boxes.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:31 PM

I have a friend who has a shop and he had a customer with a new 6.7 who didn't care what anyone said, "He wanted his muffler cut off and replaced with 4" pipe". There was no notible difference in exhaust sound without the muffler. The diesel particulate filter is all the muffler this truck needs so states my friend.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 AM
The Guru

Guy, be patient I'm sure there is alot of big player out there i.e. Banks, edge, bull dog that will be build parts for these engine that are emmission legal but not warranty ok. On the other hand there more than likely someone down the road will put on a P7100 race pump on the 6.7, with a set of killer injectors running a B1 steriod and a big brother turbo set-up to pulling a heavy sled. It might even get a chance to burn some rubber on the highway. Heck I haven't see the 6.7 yet. I can't even look at the stock truck as it would take to much money to get it to work right.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:11 AM
Chapter President

Think we could just bore and stroke out a non emissions required Cummins using the hard components that were changed for the 6.7 and make a real power house?
Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Duallydog
Think we could just bore and stroke out a non emissions required Cummins using the hard components that were changed for the 6.7 and make a real power house?
The 6.7 block is different according to Cummins, so it's probably safe to assume the 6.7 hard parts won't work in the 5.9 block. Plus, now you're giving engineers credit for being smart?! to change the fuel filter on my 07' 6.7 one has to take of the front driver side tire! 1 step forward 10 steps back!!
Old 01-28-2007, 08:43 PM
Chapter President

It is a little cramped in there, but that's ridiculous.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:49 PM

yup, this new 6.7 is a major pooch compared to my 05, all i can see for the future is that eventually there will be an end to aftermarket upgrades due to this smog and legal not legal bullcrap , im keepin my 05 as long as i live.lol
Old 02-04-2007, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by pwrtripls1
This thread has maybe 5 lagit posts in it. Sure is alot of edited by admin. LOL I bet there is less of that on the Honda forums. This is a Diesel truck forum with truck guys.
LOL...Well im part of a few Honda forums as well and its a different kind of complaining on the Honda sites you dont have everyone battling on what is legal or illegal just that my car is faster than yours with this bodykit...

Now onto more of the point of this thread! Im really curious as to whats going to come in the future for the 6.7's

Also are the 07's with the 5.9's still the same?

Quick Reply: 6.7 Mods