3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Wide Open Performance Sandy UT Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 09:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wide Open Performance Sandy UT Help

well i got a referral from a nice guy on this forum about wide open per to do a install on my new 07 mega cab of a Kore Recon setup well they did it yesterday and when i go to pick it up i look at the ends of the front stabilizer bars and the pin that goes thru them is bent almost to a 45 degree angle
and the Kore bump stops are not on
so i ask the guy who did the install and he says it happens that way on all lift kits so i asked why he did not undue the ends and he says it did not say anything in the directions about doing that
well he lied because it does he said he did not install the bump stops because they were the same height as stock and they tried to keep the old parts truck only has 900 miles on it the cost of the install was 448.00 he said he would order new ends and put them on but when i called back i found parts missing that they did not use any way

i was thinking about putting a stop payment on the check untill everything is corrected and could of they hurt anything else when they bent the the pins
thanks
sid
Old 07-03-2007, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow that sucks..I have never dealt with them myself but lot's of locals recommend them
I hope they make it right for yah
Old 07-03-2007, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by motrapper
well i got a referral from a nice guy on this forum about wide open per to do a install on my new 07 mega cab of a Kore Recon setup well they did it yesterday and when i go to pick it up i look at the ends of the front stabilizer bars and the pin that goes thru them is bent almost to a 45 degree angle
and the Kore bump stops are not on
so i ask the guy who did the install and he says it happens that way on all lift kits so i asked why he did not undue the ends and he says it did not say anything in the directions about doing that
well he lied because it does he said he did not install the bump stops because they were the same height as stock and they tried to keep the old parts truck only has 900 miles on it the cost of the install was 448.00 he said he would order new ends and put them on but when i called back i found parts missing that they did not use any way

i was thinking about putting a stop payment on the check untill everything is corrected and could of they hurt anything else when they bent the the pins
thanks
sid

When you say pins, are you refering to the sway bar end links? Sounds to me like they tried to take shortcuts and didn't disconnect them before lowering the axle. And the factory links are pencil thin and bend easily. Definitely make them get you a new set. You should actually periodically check them anyway, because they can bend with the factory suspension.

Good luck!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:31 AM

They said anytime someone rotates tires it will bend on a lift is this correct and if it is can something be done to prevent it some kind of modification

thanks
sid
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 AM

They said anytime someone rotates tires it will bend on a lift is this correct and if it is can something be done to prevent it some kind of modification

thanks
sid
Not sure about that. But I would think the factory shocks would limit axle droop before the links bend. If not, the weight of the axle is certainly great enough to bend them.

If it continues to happen, spend $185 (wow, the price has gone up. I paid $165 a little less than a year ago) and get a set of these: Extended End Links
Old 07-03-2007, 12:17 PM
Banned

thanks
sid
I can confirm this isn't true on my truck. It's been on a lift a couple of times and the only time the links bent were during the leveling kit/shock install. The guys at Les Schwab did the same thing and didn't bother to remove the end links. The result probably looks familar...

I complained and they didn't really argue about replacing them. They mentioned something about trying to bend them back and I said no and they just put new ones on. Up until now, I've heard nothing but good things about Wide Open. They really should just admit the mistake and fix it, not try to lie and get out of it.
Old 07-03-2007, 02:03 PM

exactly so i just ordered the ones from the comment above
it does bite
Old 07-03-2007, 02:25 PM

exactly so i just ordered the ones from the comment above
it does bite

They're worth it. You won't bend them again. Here's what they look like installed (sorry, not the best pic):

Old 07-03-2007, 02:50 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Make them pay for them, that is entirely unacceptable!
Old 07-04-2007, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by ptgarcia
They're worth it. You won't bend them again. Here's what they look like installed (sorry, not the best pic):

the guy who put my pro-comp lift on put something like that on mine