3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

HOWES Meaner Power Kleaner is by far the BEST!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 09:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runamuk
Off the bottle:

Cummins L-10 Test Rated "SUPERIOR"

4.8% Improvement in Fuel Economy

65% Reduction in Injector Deposits

35% Increased Lubricity- Injectors, Pumps and upper cylinders

80% Emissions Reduction- Stops the smoking

Eliminates & Controls Contaminants in Fuel

Corrosion inhibitor- Stops Corrosion In Engine Fuel Systems

Fuel Stability- Eliminates Sedimant Formation

Eliminates Water

Also use for Farm and Marine diesels

8 oz treats 60 gallons of fuel

I personally use 8oz per 36 gallons of fuel.

Rick
Does anyone know where to purchase this in SoCal? I'd like to try it without going to the Flying J or Pilot truck stops, all of which are at least 80 mile away. Thanks if anyone can help.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ASHNBAK
Does anyone know where to purchase this in SoCal? I'd like to try it without going to the Flying J or Pilot truck stops, all of which are at least 80 mile away. Thanks if anyone can help.

Are you close to Santa Fe Springs? If yes you could pick it up at the website I posted. Shipping is $7.95 per $0-$100 order. Too much for a quart.

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/cg...6941&brand=HOW
Old 01-01-2007, 10:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I just went through a bad tank of fuel and got the clattering injectors. I have been using PS and it didn't help at all with this tank of fuel(I have been using it). I stopped by a Pilot station and picked up some Howes Meaner cleaner and within 100 miles the clatter and funky EGT's at idle stopped. Needless to say I won't be using PS again. I am now a Howe's man. End of story. Saw this thread and figured I would try it and it worked like a top.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:53 AM

Thumbs up

Might as well put my $0.02 in, I also have found the Meaner Kleaner to be the best. I've been trying them all over the past few months and now that I'm done testing I'll be sticking with Meaner Kleaner. And the Seafoam every few months works really great.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Banned

Alright you guy's got my curiosity up. I've been using PS every tank full but I found some Howes at the Love's that I fuel up at, so when I'm done with my current bottle of PS I'll give the Howe's a try. BTW $13.99/qt. How much are the rest of paying?
Old 01-02-2007, 09:12 PM

It doesn't appear that Howes has a cetane booster in it. I have ran this additive in the past some but don't remember what it did for me. I always have the best luck with cetane boosters, esp in cold weather. Currently running Schaeffer's, but might try some of this in my Dodge again and see what happens.
Old 01-02-2007, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by coparam4x4
Alright you guy's got my curiosity up. I've been using PS every tank full but I found some Howes at the Love's that I fuel up at, so when I'm done with my current bottle of PS I'll give the Howe's a try. BTW $13.99/qt. How much are the rest of paying?
I payed the around $12 in Nashville. I put my first 8oz. in tonight when I filled up. I think my idle has already smoothed up some.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Hemi Dart
Are you close to Santa Fe Springs? If yes you could pick it up at the website I posted. Shipping is $7.95 per $0-$100 order. Too much for a quart.

http://www.ryderfleetproducts.com/cg...6941&brand=HOW
This place is 15 minutes from my house so I'll pick some up. Thank you!
Old 01-03-2007, 03:46 AM

Keep the comments coming guys, I knew this was the good stuff!!!
Old 01-03-2007, 08:25 AM

As of this morning, my injector noise is gone along with a very smooth idle. I had just gotten used to the clatter and the rough idle, but now that it's gone I realize how bad it was. This stuff is great.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mtedwards
As of this morning, my injector noise is gone along with a very smooth idle. I had just gotten used to the clatter and the rough idle, but now that it's gone I realize how bad it was. This stuff is great.
That is what I thought. Feels good to finally find something that works. I feel like i was throwing away my money on PS. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Banned

So can anyone confirm if Howes includes a lubrication additive, Cetane booster, and anti-gel in this product? If not, should I just continue to add some PS along with the Howes? Is this Howes product really meant to be used in every tank full?
Old 01-03-2007, 10:36 AM

The placebo effect works for Dodge trucks, too. I tried a well known, and according to this forum, respected additive shortly after I bought my truck. Amazing, I thought I was getting better gas mileage--and I was. Now I attribute that to breaking in and not the additive. After break in, I could not tell any difference. Then I e mailed Cummins. They stated clearly that they don't recommend additives. The person who responded indicated if additives helped that much, the oil companies would be putting it in their fuel. But if it makes you feel good to lighten your wallet with a good placebo, go for it.
Bah! Humbug!
Old 01-03-2007, 11:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sweetwaterguy
The placebo effect works for Dodge trucks, too. I tried a well known, and according to this forum, respected additive shortly after I bought my truck. Amazing, I thought I was getting better gas mileage--and I was. Now I attribute that to breaking in and not the additive. After break in, I could not tell any difference. Then I e mailed Cummins. They stated clearly that they don't recommend additives. The person who responded indicated if additives helped that much, the oil companies would be putting it in their fuel. But if it makes you feel good to lighten your wallet with a good placebo, go for it.
Bah! Humbug!
Even if you don't get any extra MPG from the additives it is still a god idea to put some lubrication back in to the fuel now that we are on ULSD. Yes they claim to add some back in but is it enough? You have to remember that theses are the same people who said the removal of lead from gas would not hurt our engines back in the mid 70’s and they were wrong so should I trust them again? Anyway as it is right now we may not know for 3-4 years if they are adding the correct amount of lubrication back in to our fuel to protect our fuel system from damage. The old saying a once of prevention is priceless comes to mind.
Old 01-03-2007, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 53 ******
does it say anything about lube on the bottle? I looked at their web site and it does not mention lube additive. gotta have lube!

I will probably give this stuff a try.
Originally Posted by runamuk
Off the bottle:

Cummins L-10 Test Rated "SUPERIOR"

4.8% Improvement in Fuel Economy

65% Reduction in Injector Deposits

35% Increased Lubricity- Injectors, Pumps and upper cylinders

80% Emissions Reduction- Stops the smoking

Eliminates & Controls Contaminants in Fuel

Corrosion inhibitor- Stops Corrosion In Engine Fuel Systems

Fuel Stability- Eliminates Sedimant Formation

Eliminates Water

Also use for Farm and Marine diesels

8 oz treats 60 gallons of fuel

I personally use 8oz per 36 gallons of fuel.

Rick
Originally Posted by jrussell
So can anyone confirm if Howes includes a lubrication additive, Cetane booster, and anti-gel in this product? If not, should I just continue to add some PS along with the Howes? Is this Howes product really meant to be used in every tank full?
Runamuk said that was off the bottle......

Quick Reply: HOWES Meaner Power Kleaner is by far the BEST!!!