3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

To Do...Or Not To Do...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amen to that one... Everyone wonders whats wrong with the world today...
Old 08-14-2006, 08:16 AM

Hey guys give him a break, if you dad had said he would buy you a brand new vehicle what would you have said? Don't lie, every dam one of you would have been happy and picked out what you wanted. And dads buying thier kids cars isn't new. I'm 57 and when I was in high school a friends father bought him a brand new GTO, and another bought his son a brand new Camero.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:02 AM

Saw that a few times in high school.The CAMARO was a 6 banger powerglide and the GTO was a RAM AIR version.He went through 4 front yards 2.5 of them UPSIDE down and it ONLY had 600 miles on it.HE was driving a 4 banger auto MAZDA the next month.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:03 AM

I had a CTD when I was a senior in high school, but it was a 91' with over 300k on it. I too agree that this is what's wrong with the world. I hold this young mans father more responsible for this problem then the young man himself. My dad let me by that ol pos with my money, but if I got into any trouble or my grades fell, he'd ground me from the truck I bought! I'd have to ride the bus, he wouldn't let me get a ride with a friend. Let me tell ya what, after having to let the CTD sit in the driveway and ride the school bus a couple times, and then have to explain to all your friends why you weren't driving it, you learned to make better decisions! At the time I thought my dad was being a real jerk, but looking back now I am glad he was tougher on me, it has made me a much more responsible adult and gave me a lot better view on how things worked out in the real world.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Luke,

My experience was the same. I had a 65 Malibu Convertible (283 w/powerglide) that I bought from money mowing yards. When my grades fell, she sat in the driveway and I had to catch the bus. My grades came back up very quickly.

Also, there was a kid at my school who had got a brand new blue Mustang GT. When his odometer was just turning 5000 miles.......the car was needing it's 3rd set of rear tires. He told him Mom.........either buy me a new set of tires or im gonna drive it anyway and if I have a blow-out and get killed it will be your fault. Guess what? Mom bought him a new set of tires. Geeeeeeeeeesh!

If you don't work for something, you never learn to appreciate it.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:54 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by bubba33
I bet 90% or better of the guys in here had to work hard for there CTD. I know I did.
Still workin' hard for mine! Got 3 years of payments left!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:55 PM

6 notes left!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i am also glad my parents made me work for what i had- nothing handed to me. i think you appreciate your stuff more- that way!! i also agree- society has changed seeing teenagers driving around in 30,000 -40,000 vehicles-thinking life will always be this easy! parents need to be parents -not best friends!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by jwooden
Still workin' hard for mine! Got 3 years of payments left!
I never said mine was paid for yet lol. couple years to go
Old 08-14-2006, 09:17 PM

My father just bought me a new truck, for my COLLEGE graduation gift. Think what you may, but graduating college is more then what 75% of America can claim theyve done. Sure he is only paying the first years worth of payments, but he is proud of me and he wants to show it. I had a 2001 Dodge Ram v-6, single cab all through high school and college, he decided it was time to step it up. If this kid is indeed in high school then I agree that it is a bit much, but if they have the money then good for them and thank God he chose a Cummins.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:08 PM

CTDPower11

Geez, look what too much information has gotten you. Is this your senior year of HS or college? Since this is my first post on this forum, and possibly your last since you seem to have been staying out of all these notable comments you've been getting, let me recommend to you that the 2006 is the best choice for the buck over the 2007, and for the most part the early 2007's will be/are the same as the 2006's until January 2007. This is a good place for YOU to do your homework and find out EXACTALLY WHY/WHAT the differences will be on your own.

The 2006 is one GREAT truck and I LOVE mine. I hope when you tell your father your choice for your senior year truck, you take into consideration how much money you can save him by buying you a 2006. I also hope that you remember this when someday your son wants a new truck for his senior year, and he - like you - picks one out of the top of the line and EXPECTS YOU TO BUY IT.

CD
Old 08-15-2006, 11:22 PM

Well CTDpower11, Get it and make sure you Honor your Parents and make good grades in school. Don't do something dumb use your head enjoy your ride. Just remember it can be taken from you by your Parents or God almighty. Ain't here to preach to you. Take care of it and it will take care of you.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:01 AM

Yeas, I am a senior is HIGH SCHOOL, and my dad isnt paying for all of it. I have worked all summer, and have bought into 3 of my dads oil wells with my money, so I get a percent of that oil every week. I am very proud of myself for working and am pleased to pay half the cost!!! For all you people out there that are griping because they didnt have a CTD when they were a senior, maby if they got off their *** and got a real job in stead of mowing lawns for a summer, they might could have bought one!
Old 08-22-2006, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by CTDPower11
Yeas, I am a senior is HIGH SCHOOL, and my dad isnt paying for all of it. I have worked all summer, and have bought into 3 of my dads oil wells with my money, so I get a percent of that oil every week. I am very proud of myself for working and am pleased to pay half the cost!!! For all you people out there that are griping because they didnt have a CTD when they were a senior, maby if they got off their *** and got a real job in stead of mowing lawns for a summer, they might could have bought one!

Ok, ok. That last sentence told me all I need to know.
Old 08-22-2006, 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by CTDPower11
Yeas, I am a senior is HIGH SCHOOL, ... I have worked all summer, and have bought into 3 of my dads oil wells with my money,
Well that just bout says it all don't it?

"3 of my dad's oil wells", what a hoot!

What was that earlier, about a silver spoon?

BTW, Love my 06, first brand new vehicle I've ever owned, I'm almost 50...

Quick Reply: To Do...Or Not To Do...