3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

D-Wobble Clarification

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
or should I say "tank slapper"..........LOL
Old 07-12-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by checkster
Have a bike? feels like when the bike starts "head shaking"
No I don't have a bike, but I have seen what your refering too. Good analogy. Or, has anyone bombed a hill on a skateboard with loose trucks, That is a deathwobble and why I didn't see that before.....guess I'm getting old
Old 08-01-2007, 09:42 PM

I want to second every post that describes DW as a horrible event/experience. No, it was not the worst thing that ever happened to me but I can tell ya if it was to happen on a curve, in traffic, at speed, there woulda been someone hurt. Can't believe there is no class action movement concerning this one.
It happened to me thusly- front end needed work, but all was alright until...

space for emphasis

I loaded 1800lbs of machine in the back. The lift off in the front let the looseness become enough to create DW where none was evident before. 12 mile down the road hit a bump and WAM!!! It was like nothin I'd ever experienced in a vehicle. Thought the truck was trying to self destruct. As it was it accurred three times, once at over 50mph and I feel for anyone having this occur above that speed. I'm a big man and it took all I had to contain it.

This DW is no joke. I think it is wise to treat any evident front end wear right away- in its infancy. Hard for some of us to do I know, but the alternative could be someones down payment on the "Farm".

My remedy was tie rod ends, Lukes Link on the TA, and whatever else was loose unner there. I was 13 hours from home when it happened and couldn't do the re-work to that other set up (cross over? "Y"?) but put off the TA until home so I could do that in a way that made sense. I can live with the rest being stock. Its all Moog under there now.
The mechanic used his "stranded 13 hours from home" pricing book and reemed me pretty good. But he did it the next morning, no notice and did a good job too- even if he wouldn't accept my check. Guess he is the only honest person left in this world since he won't trust anyone else he can't hunt down with a shotgun...

BTW, I still love my 12 Valve...

Big Jimmy
Old 08-02-2007, 09:21 AM

scarey aint it.......i was doing 85mph when it happened. sucked 3/4 of the seat cusion up my azz