3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

commander lift pump pressure

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
commander lift pump pressure

we have a commander here and were trying to hook up lift pump pressure to it useing a sensor i had laying around, i just wanna know what wires i have to tap into.....? i've already got the rail pressure working so now all thats left is the lift pump.

do you have to have both ground and the sensor wire tapped into the commander harness?
Old 04-06-2010, 07:51 PM

28 people looked and not one person has done this? quad where are you...?
Old 04-06-2010, 09:08 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
it has been a while since i hooked one up in the morning i can check for sure but i think it is the single read wire. it go's to a stewart warner sending unit. the case of the sending unit is grounded to the frame or chassis. people were mounting the sender on the vp44's and will eat one up in about 30 days we figured this out early and mounted ours on the firewall by the brake master cylinder and used a snubber on it and we have yet to have a failure. the cp3 does not have the pulsing problems like the vp44 but we mount ours on the cp3 the same. quad had so many failures and got a very bad rap they quit making or servicing the senders. this is why you are not getting response most are not familiar with this. get a tapped banjo bolt and snubber from genosgarage.com and a oil pressure gage installation kit from napa or others with the copper line not the plastic. the kit has 6 foot of line and all of the needed fittings build a bracket to mount it vertical. there is already a hole to mount it just left and above the master cylinder. do not cut the line just leave the excess coiled up
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM

Carl,
that would be great if you could get me the color of the wire to tap, i've got this all apart on the truck and i was trying to touch it on the pins when the truck was running but no luck.
if ya get a chance tommorow would you take a quick look for me, and post back,,...?
thanks
VJ

Originally Posted by carl48
it has been a while since i hooked one up in the morning i can check for sure but i think it is the single read wire. it go's to a stewart warner sending unit. the case of the sending unit is grounded to the frame or chassis. people were mounting the sender on the vp44's and will eat one up in about 30 days we figured this out early and mounted ours on the firewall by the brake master cylinder and used a snubber on it and we have yet to have a failure. the cp3 does not have the pulsing problems like the vp44 but we mount ours on the cp3 the same. quad had so many failures and got a very bad rap they quit making or servicing the senders. this is why you are not getting response most are not familiar with this. get a tapped banjo bolt and snubber from genosgarage.com and a oil pressure gage installation kit from napa or others with the copper line not the plastic. the kit has 6 foot of line and all of the needed fittings build a bracket to mount it vertical. there is already a hole to mount it just left and above the master cylinder. do not cut the line just leave the excess coiled up
Old 04-08-2010, 08:15 PM

anyone else have the color of the wire?