3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

Best steering stabilizer

Old 10-02-2006, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best steering stabilizer

I just wanted some input on who made the best steering stabilizer. I had the super lift one put on my truck and Im not to happy I need something bullet proof. Thanks
Old 10-02-2006, 11:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If your talking about the basic shock style stab's, I cant imagine that the steering stabilizer's out their are that much different from each other.

Do you want one because of death wobble? I think a big steering stabilizer is just a band-aid for other parts that have gone bad. weather it be ball joint, trac bar or bad/too big of tires.

just my .02
Old 10-03-2006, 12:03 AM

Since your from Cali...does it have a lift?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:13 AM

Sorry guys I thought you would have looked at my pics. Well I have a 6 inch lift and since my lift I have put about 2k miles on it. I just want my steering real tight and its not and i know it wont ever be but I want to make sure I got the best steering on the market. Thanks
Old 10-03-2006, 12:17 AM

2006 mega,

I love your rig. Very nice!

From what I have gathered, the Rocklogic is one of, if not the best. I am going to get one just because I like tight steering as well.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:59 AM

yeah I never looked at your pic's

NICE TRUCK!!!

you could probably benefit from a steering stab with tires that big
Old 10-03-2006, 01:44 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
I just wanted some input on who made the best steering stabilizer. I had the super lift one put on my truck and Im not to happy I need something bullet proof. Thanks

Here is one to check out. http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/steeringsuspension.htm

I don't know if it is the "best" or not. Honestly, I don't know that much about them and don't own one.....at least not yet. But I believe several guys on this board are running it so it must not be to bad.
Old 10-03-2006, 12:02 PM

I had good luck with my dual Superlift stabilizers. I have a dual Skyjacker setup in the garage for the '99 but haven't gotten it on yet.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:14 PM
Banned

You dont have death wobble do you?

Because you lifted your truck sure it will have a different steering feel.

I cant imagine that since you have an 06 that anything is worn out yet and you dont have large MT's to throw that off.

I dont think there's much room for improvement since you already have a superlift stabilizer.

Do you have the Dual Bilstien Stabilizer from Superlift?

I just put a 4.5" Superlift with Bilstiens and the stock stabilizer with 100% stock front end w/ 55K and Yes it feels different then stock but nothing scary.

It feels like a lifted truck. Dont expect a 7,000lb Diesel truck with a 6" lift to handle like stock.

You asked for a bullet proof stabilizer. Does that mean that your superlift one is shot or worn out?

I get an allighment every 6 months. Firestone offers a lifetime allighment for $129 and I take full advantage of that since im rollin on $1,400 in rubber

If I were you id
Get your tires re-ballanced
Get an alighment
try the dual bilstien stabilzers
Old 10-03-2006, 06:35 PM

What about those 4Way "return to center" steering stabilizers? They are a spring/shock combo that looks like it's from a coil over suspension. Anyone ever try them? I'll see if I can dig up a link...

Old 10-03-2006, 06:43 PM

Nice rig 2006 mega! I use a steering stabilizer from Doetsch Tech shocks. I also have their shocks on my ride. They are not as well known as some companies, but I have used their shocks on many vehicles, and they have been perfect everytime. They have a lifetime warranty on them, but I've never had to use it. They are based out of El Cajon, CA I believe. I think their website is doetschtech.com. Hope that helps.

Dave
Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by D.Wiggs
2006 mega,

I love your rig. Very nice!

From what I have gathered, the Rocklogic is one of, if not the best. I am going to get one just because I like tight steering as well.
I tried to look for rocklogic but no look in finding the stabilizer do you have a web site..
Old 10-03-2006, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by BigDan
You dont have death wobble do you?

Because you lifted your truck sure it will have a different steering feel.

I cant imagine that since you have an 06 that anything is worn out yet and you dont have large MT's to throw that off.

I dont think there's much room for improvement since you already have a superlift stabilizer.

Do you have the Dual Bilstien Stabilizer from Superlift?

I just put a 4.5" Superlift with Bilstiens and the stock stabilizer with 100% stock front end w/ 55K and Yes it feels different then stock but nothing scary.

It feels like a lifted truck. Dont expect a 7,000lb Diesel truck with a 6" lift to handle like stock.

You asked for a bullet proof stabilizer. Does that mean that your superlift one is shot or worn out?

I get an allighment every 6 months. Firestone offers a lifetime allighment for $129 and I take full advantage of that since im rollin on $1,400 in rubber

If I were you id
Get your tires re-ballanced
Get an alighment
try the dual bilstien stabilzers
No death wobble its just when it hits a bump it pulls a lil and on bumpy country roads its all over the place. My superlift is not work out yet well I hope not haha. I have had it on for about 2000 miles. Thanks for your input...
Old 10-03-2006, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by 2006 MEGACAB
I tried to look for rocklogic but no look in finding the stabilizer do you have a web site..

I'm not sure what kit they are talking about all I see on the site is the ram assist steering.

http://www.rocklogic4x4.com/home.php
Old 10-03-2006, 11:34 PM

I think that was the website. You should PM JD Dearden, he is the one who recommended the kit to me in the first place.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best steering stabilizer