3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

ABS motor keeps running and barke and ABS lights stay light

Old 06-18-2007, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS motor keeps running and barke and ABS lights stay light

Sorry, did a search and can not find this specific problem. 2004 2500 4X4 18k miles. Wife went to store , turned around at the end of the block and found Brake Light and ABS light is on. Turned off engine pulled key and heard the ABS pump running. It was like that until I pulled the battery cables. Only way around it was to pull the ABS motor fuse. Speedometer works fine, brake lights work. Unhooked the Bully Dog Torque Dog and same. Any sugestions?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:36 PM

Okay, dealer found the ABS controller is out. Over 700 for part. Of course I found it last month on line for around 300 but can't seem to find it again. Anybody know where to buy these things ? Thanks
Old 07-03-2007, 04:58 PM

http://www.allchryslerparts.com/

Shows the controller for under $300.

Be sure to get the controller that matches your truck. These controller are programmed for gearing and tire size. Originally they were shipped to the dealer unprogrammed and had to be programmed by the dealer with the appropriate program. In most cases you can order by VIN now and get a pre-programmed controller. However, where the pre-programmed part is not available some unprogrammed units are still being used and require programming with dealer tools.

The correct pre-programmed controller should have numbers on top of the controller that matches the numbers on top of your current controller.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:05 PM

jyates , thanks a lot for the help. I am going to order one today.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:08 PM

Okay, got my module from AllChyrslerparts.com installed it and the original problem went away. Now only a flashing ABS light remains. I disconnected the negative battery leads, no go, same with touching neg cable to positive, no go, pulled the ABS fuse with the switch on for 30 seconds, still ABS light starts flashing after about 10 seconds of the switch turning on. Any suggestions? The part numbers match on top of the two modules.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:12 AM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Needs the vin programmed probably. Without any codes that would be my best guess. Also may need the tire size programmed. Either way has to be a dealer or someone with a DRB. IIRC the Starscan tool will work too on an 04.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 AM

Darn, that is what I was afraid of, I thought getting a like for like would eliminate the problem. No problem though, the dealer wanted 765 for the part and I got it for 224 included shipping. So I guess getting another 100 for programming is not bad. Thanks for your input
Old 07-13-2007, 12:08 PM

It'll needs to be programmed. Even though ordered by VIN some still do not have correct programming. Shouldn't be a big deal to get dealer to program.

The flashing ABS light is a coded message.

BY the was the VIN is not actually programmed into the ABS controller only the
the gearing/tire size/ etc related to your VIN is programmed.

From time to time we buy used (wrecking yard) ABS controllers that match our needed Dodge truck configuraations and never have needed to reprogram controller. Only on the new controller have we run into the need to reprogram.

Glad you got the good price,
Old 07-13-2007, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by jyates
It'll needs to be programmed. Even though ordered by VIN some still do not have correct programming. Shouldn't be a big deal to get dealer to program.

The flashing ABS light is a coded message.

BY the was the VIN is not actually programmed into the ABS controller only the
the gearing/tire size/ etc related to your VIN is programmed.

From time to time we buy used (wrecking yard) ABS controllers that match our needed Dodge truck configuraations and never have needed to reprogram controller. Only on the new controller have we run into the need to reprogram.

Glad you got the good price,
Thank you jyates, I did get the part from http://www.allchryslerparts.com/