3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

8 codes and transmission slipping in all gears

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2020, 08:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 codes and transmission slipping in all gears

Ill start with some back story... bought an 06 ctd with 55k on reman engine and 45k on trans. Has upgraded turbo and programmer probably pushing about 500hp. I drove the teuck for a few weeks no problem then got on it a bit one day and stripped the splines out of the tc. Dropped and replaced the tc. Drove it for a week and got cel. Checked and had a long list. Found loose battery connection and shortened the list to 8 codes. Then on a short drive i got a few seconds of shuttle shift followed by major slippage. Limped home at 10mph. Now if i shift into nuetral first i can just barely feel it try to shift into first and rev. But it doesnt grab enough to make any significant movement of the truck. Codes are 1740 0513 1749 0868 0713 2509 0243 0533. Not sure where to start on diagnostics after reading all the possible problems with these 48re transmissions. I do have a pressure gauge and would like to test before i start throwing parts at it.
does anyone have any ideas that could help im new to automatic transmission diagnostics?
Old 09-07-2020, 02:35 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Did you get this fixed? If the battery is LOW and or you have a bad connection ground, the Transmissions will throw codes and will shift like CRAP.
Old 09-07-2020, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bonus
Did you get this fixed? If the battery is LOW and or you have a bad connection ground, the Transmissions will throw codes and will shift like CRAP.
fixed now. I replaced both battery and all battery wireing while trying to diagnose. Ended up rebuilding. It was worn inside but not bad. Worked for a week and the forward clutch drum broke and had to go back in. Working good now. Never saw anything that would have caused all the problems. Might have been debre in the valve body or something that got cleared during the rebuild.