3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

2000 rpm vibration - dealer says NO to TSB

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally took mine in for the ps hose fix today. Seems better at all rpm's.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:51 PM

Never really noticed the vibration until I read this thread. It definitley is there. Also noticed leaking p/s fluid from the top of the steering box. Will be going in soon.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I had mine in 3 times for a harmonica like buzz at 2000 rpm coming from the dash/steering shroud area, for which the dealer spent quite a bit of time tearing things down looking for the cause.

The last time I went in, I went for a ride with the tech and I mentioned the TSB, which they did, and it solved the problem. I think it would have been better for both of us if I would have mentioned it earlier, but I wasn't sure that was the cause.

I don't understand why a dealer wouldn't do a TSB that applies. DC pays them to do it.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:12 PM

Originally posted by Big Ed
[ I was just trying to give the tech someplace to start looking". Well that afternoon the service manager calls and say's that they checked the truck over and although their is a vibe in the wheel and pedal they don't know the cause. I said "did you check out the TSB I gave you" he say's "what TSB". I guess the jackass service writer must of figured I was an idiot and failed to present the TSB to the tech who worked on my truck.
Remember, most dealership service writers are idiot's who think YOUR an idiot. Just stick to your gun's, ask to speak with the service manager and explain how you personally know others that have had the repair done so you expect it also. [/B]
Thats one of the biggest problems. The service people think we, the customers, are all idiots. They go to a tech school and are taught, this is the front, this is the back, this is the motor and then are given a fancy patch to wear and a genuine diploma.

Then we, the idiot customers, take the truck in and say it's vibrating at 2000-2200 rpms and they say, can't duplicate or we never heard of that tsb or even better, they change out the muffler when the problem is a low oil light.

Morons I tell you MORONS.

Now in their defence, a little anyway. I would hate to have to be the guy that has to deal with the real idiots that bring their cars and trucks in for every single thing imaginable. Every sound, every stone chip, the motor doesn't sound right, the blinker can seems to have a tin sound, the color isn't the same as the white one I test drove, my cat ripped the upholstry to shreds and what do you mean the warranty doesn't cover it. There are a lot of idiots out there. A LOT!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-2004, 06:00 AM

If this dealer is giving you a hassle, go to another. I bought my truck from a dealer with a known reputation of having horrible service. Why? Because they also can beat anyone elses sales deal for a long ways around. I take my truck to a different dealer for my servicing. Why? Because they have a great service department. You're not married to the original dealer, so find one you like for service. I realize its inconvenient if another is not close by, but its much more inconvenient to put up with problems or to try to get action from a district supervisor.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:20 AM

For some reason the TSB dealing with the P/S hose does not always seem to be in the DC system as my dealer also could not find it. They even let me see the screen as they searched and sure enough it wasn't in there no matter where you looked. Luckily I had printed a copy and brought it along (and luckily I didn't get a moronic response like 'we don't accept TSB's from the Internet'). They looked up the part number and had it in stock, and I was on my way within the hour. The fix cured my problem entirely.

I did get a little grief from the service manager who insisted that the mechanic assigned to my case actually drive the truck and duplicate the problem before performing the TSB (I guess he thought that maybe there was no problem and I was in there just for fun ), but the mechanic talked back and said 'The customer is reporting a problem and there is a TSB out on it. That's enough for me.' That dealership should have the service manager and mechanic swap jobs...
Old 03-14-2004, 10:02 AM

Originally posted by smiller
I did get a little grief from the service manager who insisted that the mechanic assigned to my case actually drive the truck and duplicate the problem before performing the TSB (I guess he thought that maybe there was no problem and I was in there just for fun ), but the mechanic talked back and said 'The customer is reporting a problem and there is a TSB out on it. That's enough for me.' That dealership should have the service manager and mechanic swap jobs...

Got to love the service dept. If they can't replicate it, then you the idiot customer, must be hallucinating.

Thank goodness there are a few good dealers out there. All 5 star, of course.