3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

2 cycle oil

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats the only reason I run it. My truck idles and runs quieter with the 2 cycle in it. I noticed the truck got louder right about the time they started putting the ulsd notice labels on the fuel pumps
Old 11-25-2007, 09:19 AM

Like I posted earlier, I add 32 oz of 2 stroke per fillup which lately has been when the tank is about 1/4.
Every third tank, I add a mix of 10 oz Power Service with the 2 stroke.
Seems to work for me.
No ill effects so far.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well my 06 dropped a valve last month with 18k on the clock. it was not related to the 2 stroke oil at all but after they removed the head at the dealership I was shocked to see the amount of carbon build up in the head and on top of the piston. it was thick and black as coal . my oil also turned black much quicker with 2 stroke in the fuel and I also noticed alot more hard to remove exhaust soot deposits on the side of the truck behind the exhaust. I think the oil doesnt have time to burn completely and is building up as carbon. the soot on the paint near the exhaust reminds me of the stuff that used to come out the pipe of my old 2 stroke dirt bikes. it really sticks to the paint and almost seems slightly oily. this only started after I started adding 2 stroke to my 2 trucks at 32 onces per full tank. same results with both trucks. now I dont know what this will hurt but it is something to think about when choosing a fuel addative. I am looking for another lubricant
Old 11-25-2007, 11:37 AM

I'm still running Howes Meaner Power Cleaner, at twice the recommended ratio. Is simply running a fuel additive not good enough with the ULSD? I used to run PS with Marvel, but would develop a rough idle over time. With the Howes, the rough idle never comes back. Thanks.
Old 11-25-2007, 12:23 PM

I tried some 2 stroke oil for the first today. Mixed it very well with 1 gallon of diesel to make sure it got mixed good. There is no doubt that my truck runs smoother and less clattery. Previously I thought it may had been the BDCR & Dr. stack so took them all off but still sounded like timing rattle. That $2 bucks from Wal-Mart was worth it alone in smoothless and less noise. But there are a few things that concern me.

Parifin wax. It's the stuff that makes sludge, buildup and depending on the region of the middle east it's found in virtually and natural oil, not synthetic.
Penzoil (old stuff yellow bottle) has some of the highest parifin contents in oil these day. I can only assume the walmart stuff I bought last night is not of the highest quality. I have not idea if this oil is of natural base, synthetic, blended, ect.