3rd Gen Engine and Drivetrain -> 2003-2007 5.9 liter Engine and drivetrain discussion only. PLEASE, NO HIGH PERFORMANCE DISCUSSION!

05 Ram Diesel cylinder 1 isnt fireing....

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man! Sorry guys I went back to work after spending 2 days working on it. Well it had no codes I pulled the #1 injector and pulled it all apart cleaned it. Pulled the fuel pressure sensor cleaned it and nothing no change. So the next day I pulled the #1 and #3 injectors cleaned them both again and switched them and it still idled rough drove down my street 5-8 houses and it started to run normal. So the next day same old rough idle. So some days it runs great after a short drive and others it runs rough till warm. I am so lost. So after CES is all packed up and gone Im taking it to the shop and let them have it for a few days. I miss having my awesome dependable truck.
Thanks for all the help guys and if anyone has anymore ideas please feel free to share.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:14 PM

By what you have done you have eliminated the mechanical side of the problem I think you need go look at your electronics connections on the engine harness ground to chassis connections etc good luck
Old 12-31-2012, 05:26 PM

Yeah Im thinkn it might be the wiring harness for the injector because I found oil in it and if that is it at least its a cheap fix and just a minor pain in the keester.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:06 PM

Finally have an answer...

Ok so after a long awaited answers and parts I have a burnt valve. After they replaced the injector wiring harness's and then giving me the truck back saying it was fine I got it home and same thing from a cold start rough idle so I took it back they had it 2 weeks and said they found out my fuel pressure reg was bad so they replaced it and guess what same problems. lol so after 2 more fuel regs same thing and they dug deeper and figured out I have a burnt valve. So I just wanted to come by and give everyone an update and say thank you for all the help and advice.