3rd Gen All Products Sell all of your 3rd gen products here. This includes trucks, parts, accessories etc.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Truck Value. Advice needed

Old 03-20-2015, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck Value. Advice needed

I'm pretty sure I'm starting this thread in the wrong section. If so, mods please move. Wasn't sure where was appropriate. I'm just looking for a little advice on selling my truck. I've been getting pushed around a lot by dealers ( of course) and have been brain washed to think differently of the value of my truck.
2006 White Larimie 4 door 4x4 shortbox
98,540 Miles
You literally cannot tell the difference between the truck now and when it was new in the interior. The exterior is almost the same beside a dime side rub mark on the tailgate. I get so many comments on the condition of he truck. The maintenance and the records that I have kept on the truck are phenomenal. It is a one owner truck that I purchased new. A little OCD on my part but the motor has never seen oil longer than 2800 miles and has always been Schaeffers or Amsoil full synthetic. The front and, rear end, and the transmission have never seen over 30,000 miles with the same oil and also have Amsoil front to rear. Receipts to prove it as well as log book. Truck has never had a fill up without using Stanadyne.
TDK front bumper with 4 PIAA lights
Glacier Diesel MK2 filter since new
S&B intake
BD exhaust Manifold
CFM intake elbow
MBRP Dual Exhaust
Dynamite 50hp injectors
Mr.Bob boots
Smarty POD
B&W $2300 5th wheel slider hitch that is new.
Painted Fender Flares
20" Wolverine wheels with Hankooks. Not in that great of shape. The condition of the interior and exterior it should show anybody how well this truck has been babied. Other than that small spot on the tailgate and a few rock chips inside the fender flares the truck is immaculate. Also comes with the normal items you find on pick ups such as the high dollar mudflaps, the one piece front and rear floor liners. Also has four Phantom ll gauges. When I NADA the pickup, I get $29,000 for a value. I'm not sure what to sell the pick up for but I would really like to purchase a 2014 or 2015 ram. Everywhere I go I'm being told the truck is only worth about $22,000-$25,000. Any advice would be appreciated and I apologize if this is in the wrong thread section. Just really tired of getting pushed around on trying to sell my pick up.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer wants to make something on it too. My 06 SLT 4x4 QC w/ 116,000 miles books out in my area for $27800 or so and that is stock without add on performance stuff. Dealers have to be careful at taking in modified trucks as they can be fined huge amounts for selling a truck with altered emissions or missing emissions parts. If you want full NADA, you got to sell it yourself on a private sale vs, trading it. Look up trade value, that gives the dealer a little profit when reselling your truck.

Why not just keep a truck you already modified to your liking? You will have to add all that to your new truck again. If it is paid for, spend money on more customizing!