2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Sport Headlights-where to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sport Headlights-where to buy?

Gents,

I've got to do something about these headlightd before I crash. I'm sold on the Sport headlight conversion and the Daniel Stern harness upgrade.

Problem for me is sourcing a decent 3rd party headlight assy as the OEM are priced retardedly in Canada.

I see alot on the Depot (Maxzone) units posted. Anybody know how I can get these? I'm not aware of any retail Maxzone in Canada. Any other good knock off units around?

Much appreciated.

Taz
Old 09-22-2010, 08:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can get some more lummens out of the stock lights with the upgrade of running your lights off relays under the hood. LMC has the kit for $30. Made my lights a lot brighter.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:46 AM

Received 47 Likes on 42 Posts
I cant remember where I got mine except it was off the internet but a quick search found these
http://www.amazon.com/1999-2001-DODG.../dp/B001R5HFXM

I think I paid 150ish for the pair and so far they have worked well. Install went well and fit and finish were good. The lighting difference is fantastic. I also used Daniel Sterns harness. He will sell you a complete premade harness if you ask him and the price was only a bit more than the SUVlights harness. The quality was superb. I also used his recommended bulbs even though my lights came with bulbs I went ahead and switched them out and couldnt be happier.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:26 AM

ask 'diesel dave 2' (something like that).

he got ones up here in canada for a really good price. he'll be able to help you out. i can see the website, but can't remember the name!
Old 09-22-2010, 10:52 AM

Hey Guys,

It's not that I can't find them, I want to find "good" ones. Alot of the offshore units are junk and I'd rather spend a bit more knowing they have good lighting qualities as close to OEM as possible.

BarryG, I notice these are from the Headlight Depot. Is this what is being thrown around as a "Depot" Sport Light? I was under the impression the "Depot" referred to Maxzone. I don't think Headlights Depot ships to Canada anyway. Anybody else???

Cheers,

Taz
Old 09-22-2010, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tazman
Hey Guys,

It's not that I can't find them, I want to find "good" ones. Alot of the offshore units are junk and I'd rather spend a bit more knowing they have good lighting qualities as close to OEM as possible.

BarryG, I notice these are from the Headlight Depot. Is this what is being thrown around as a "Depot" Sport Light? I was under the impression the "Depot" referred to Maxzone. I don't think Headlights Depot ships to Canada anyway. Anybody else???

Cheers,

Taz
look into the info i gave you in my previous post. i believe they are sourced in canada. i called and talke d to them directly a long time ago. a lot of insurance companies use these parts. they are not oem, but they meet or exceed oem quality/specs. trust me, i went through this last summer. this is by far your best bang for buck option in canada. in fact, the company might even be called 'source canada'
Old 09-22-2010, 11:10 AM

ok, not 'source canada'

it's actually 'cross canada'

http://crosscanadaparts.com/
Old 09-22-2010, 11:19 AM

here you go:

http://ecat.crosscanadaparts.com/php...y=4WD&view=cat

Scroll down about 3/4 of the way. look for Part #'s 330-151L & 330-151R

these are full assemblies with bracket, headlights, and marker lenses. spend a little more than ebay, but be satisfied with the quality, and the fact they are already north of the border.
Old 09-22-2010, 12:24 PM

Doj Dewd,

Hoot man, good find. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to help out, safe travels brother.

Cheers,

Taz
Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 PM

Hopefully this link works. It's one of the best mods I've done to the truck.

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=268550
Old 09-22-2010, 05:00 PM
I wish I was as fine, as those who work the pipeline!

I got what I thought were good aftermarket ones and the interior reflective coating on one has failed. I'm gonna pay the extra and get the OEM ones to replace them. Might see if I can find a pair in a junk yard, but I would not buy the after market ones again.

DS is a very good system though. Have his in mine, buddy got his system elsewhere and the components are really cheaply made. DS's are heavy duty and very high quality. I wish I had listened to him about the headlights themselves. Live and learn I guess.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:39 PM

jeeze wyododge,

Now you've got me second guessing......
Old 09-22-2010, 07:00 PM

Sorry buddy,

Don't mean to be the monkey in the wrench, but looks like I was anyway!

I guess on the bright side (pun intended) one of them is working flawlessly!
Old 09-23-2010, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by wyododge
I got what I thought were good aftermarket ones and the interior reflective coating on one has failed. I'm gonna pay the extra and get the OEM ones to replace them. Might see if I can find a pair in a junk yard, but I would not buy the after market ones again.

DS is a very good system though. Have his in mine, buddy got his system elsewhere and the components are really cheaply made. DS's are heavy duty and very high quality. I wish I had listened to him about the headlights themselves. Live and learn I guess.
i listened to DS when buying mine. i bought all OEM components. a short while later, a local member bought the cross canada psrts. we compared side by side and found NO differences.

i could be wrong - but i am guessing you bought from eBay or some asian speed shop store . . .

if and when i have to replace my housings i am going to get the cross canada parts. like i said, good enough for insurance companies - good enough for me!!
Old 09-23-2010, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Doj Dewd
i listened to DS when buying mine. i bought all OEM components. a short while later, a local member bought the cross canada psrts. we compared side by side and found NO differences.

i could be wrong - but i am guessing you bought from eBay or some asian speed shop store . . .

if and when i have to replace my housings i am going to get the cross canada parts. like i said, good enough for insurance companies - good enough for me!!
You are absolutely correct. Sir. I did. BIG mistake. Sounds like Cross Canada is the place to go. Looks like I have a little searching to do. At least now I have a good place to start. Also sounds like they are gonna be a little less expensive then OEM with similar quality. Thanks for posting up your findings!

WOW!!! just looked up the headlamp. Same price as what I paid for garbage. If only, if only, if only!!!

On edit - looked at the wrong one. BUT 219.00 is still good. Especially with similar quality.

Quick Reply: Sport Headlights-where to buy?