2nd Gen. Dodge Ram - No Drivetrain Discussion for all Dodge Rams from 1994 through 2002. Please, no engine or drivetrain discussion.

Replacement Dash for '02

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacement Dash for '02

I am in the market for a new dash for my 3500, and wanted a little feedback from any of you who have replaced yours. I am leaning towards the LMC Truck replacement because I don't want to paint the dash. But then the Musselman Distributing has a lifetime warranty on theirs, but it has to be painted.... Oh, and Musselman and Plastic Parts Inc are the same company because I called them both and the same woman answered the phone and I asked her..... There is just something I don't like about buying something like that and having to paint it, so I'm thinking the LMC is looking good about now.

Anyway, have any of you replaced your dash with either of the two companies above and if so.... How was the fitment, the color (mines Agate) and how much of a pain was it to attach the ducting from underneath the panel? I have everything all open and loose due to having to replace my heater core, so I just need to unscrew two screws that I put back in to hold the top in place and loosen the bottom two bolts and steering column to tilt the dash back to put a new on....

Any info would be helpful....
Old 11-18-2015, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all the relies..... Lol

I went with the LMC and got the Agate or dark gray and it matched up pretty good. I think if I use some mothers detailing cleaner it would not really be noticeable at all. As far as the fitment went, it fix exactly and everything lined up perfectly, no complaints at all.... I just tilted the dash back into the seat and went to town.... The only parts that were an issue were the vent screws on the driver side, only because the dash doesn't come back as far as it does on the passenger side. I didn't want to disconnect everything but once I dropped the steering column down it came back enough to get my big ol' hands back there at the base of the windshield. A short stubby screw driver would have worked great but naturally I couldn't find mine, so I had to wrestle with a standard size one. Once all that was finished, reinstalling everything else was a cake walk.....

I would strongly recommend LMC dashes to anyone replacing theirs.... Its more work than those dash caps you glue on, but its well worth it....
Old 11-20-2015, 06:34 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got mine through LMC a couple of years back. Shipping costs were huge but I guess the size and relative fragileness cause it.
It matched up really well, I got the little "washers" that help re-enforce where the dash screws up to the firewall. In general it was an easy install. I had to make a few epoxy putty adapters for where so other plastic parts besides the new dash were broken.
Now for the bad part.
It's cracking again Not where you would think but on the drivers side front corner. Don't know why but I'll live with it until it gets terminal then I guess I'll have to replace it again.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:59 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by cali4niacoalrlr
I am in the market for a new dash for my 3500, and wanted a little feedback from any of you who have replaced yours. I am leaning towards the LMC Truck replacement because I don't want to paint the dash. But then the Musselman Distributing has a lifetime warranty on theirs, but it has to be painted.... Oh, and Musselman and Plastic Parts Inc are the same company because I called them both and the same woman answered the phone and I asked her..... There is just something I don't like about buying something like that and having to paint it, so I'm thinking the LMC is looking good about now.

Anyway, have any of you replaced your dash with either of the two companies above and if so.... How was the fitment, the color (mines Agate) and how much of a pain was it to attach the ducting from underneath the panel? I have everything all open and loose due to having to replace my heater core, so I just need to unscrew two screws that I put back in to hold the top in place and loosen the bottom two bolts and steering column to tilt the dash back to put a new on....

Any info would be helpful....
accuform makes a real good cap